It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:06 pm

first ski runs in the Triad

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 5th, 2013, 10:17 pm   
Team Member

Just went for the first slalom run behind the Triad tonight. Using the 23p laser II, the hole shot was more than ample to yank my 200lb body out with a double Obrien Targe boot setup and old school O'brien Rumour Pro Slalom Ski. It felt like i was behind the Mastercraft. Effortless start.

Skiing at 22' off at 34 mph I found the wake to be almost non existent. Comparable to, if not better than my buddies Mastercraft we use on the course.
The boat does wander a bit more than the Charger, but easily compensated by my Ace Driver (Super Pam).

Overall a very enjoyable run for the first of the year. We are way late this year (usually start in April) but the weather and high water put things way behind. Not looking very good for the next little while, but we lucked out tonight and went for it.

Jess went wakeboarding and her report was that the wake (at 22.5 mph) was a little larger than the charger, but the table is smoother and crest of the wake was a little sharper than the Charger. Overall she was pleased with the situation and liked it better than the Charger. As a driver I found the boat was easier to maintain the 23-23 MPH speed. As it didn't want to speed up and get on plain as much as the Charger.

I can't report on Barefooting yet, but that will hopefully come in the next little bit.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 5th, 2013, 11:23 pm   
Team Member

well after careful thought over the past couple of weeks I decided not to sell the talon, couldn't bring myself to do it. This is great news to hear Tom, I'm hoping to get out on the ski myself this weekend.

PostPosted: June 6th, 2013, 7:26 am   
Team Member

wildcatt wrote:
It felt like i was behind the Mastercraft. Effortless start.

Skiing at 22' off at 34 mph I found the wake to be almost non existent. Comparable to, if not better than my buddies Mastercraft we use on the course.
The boat does wander a bit more than the Charger, but easily compensated by my Ace Driver (Super Pam).

Overall a very enjoyable run for the first of the year. We are way late this year (usually start in April) but the weather and high water put things way behind. Not looking very good for the next little while, but we lucked out tonight and went for it.

Glad to hear Tom. It has been a month long discussion with Mike over the wake behind the Triad. We will try some different styles of props to see if it effects the wake.

12' tinny - 9.9 merc

PostPosted: June 6th, 2013, 7:48 am   
Team Member

Dougw wrote:
wildcatt wrote:

Glad to hear Tom. It has been a month long discussion with Mike over the wake behind the Triad. We will try some different styles of props to see if it effects the wake.

I though you guys might find the info of interest. Of course - everybody's experience is going to be potentially different, but the first attempts are very positive for us.

Get out and try it

PostPosted: June 6th, 2013, 8:20 am   
Team Member

wildcatt wrote:
Dougw wrote:
wildcatt wrote:

I though you guys might find the info of interest. Of course - everybody's experience is going to be potentially different, but the first attempts are very positive for us.

Get out and try it

Doug do you have enough power to get Mike out! :lol:

PostPosted: June 6th, 2013, 10:26 pm   
Team Member

Jess snapped a shot of the first run

PostPosted: June 6th, 2013, 10:39 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Nice shot :)

PostPosted: June 6th, 2013, 11:53 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Looks like a good time Tom !

PostPosted: June 7th, 2013, 12:03 am   
Team Member

Real nice pic! The Triad seems to pull just fine. Mitch and I talked casually about doing it behind his when he had his abrasive offshore mid :shock: !

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: June 7th, 2013, 7:26 am   
Team Member

wildcatt wrote:
Jess snapped a shot of the first run

Looks like Ken's wall of water pic...nice cut

12' tinny - 9.9 merc