It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 5:13 pm

My 1986 21' Eagle by Seebold O/B

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 21st, 2014, 5:44 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
I thought it would be LC that noticed that. Fresh meat for you slOMC guys lol

I was being polite and not wrecking a perfectly good thread! Unlike that Luksep guy :mrgreen:

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 21st, 2014, 7:43 pm   

[/quote][/quote]

Don't use a primer bulb between your fuel tank and engine. It will get sucked closed at WOT. If you can remove the OMC fuel primer system and run Electric fuel pumps such as Holley red pumps it will be less troublesome @ WOT.

Good luck with all your set up. Let me know if you have any more questions.[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know about that one, It had already been switched over from the original OMC primer system to a 12v electric pump before I had received it. However, when I took it out for it's first few test runs i was having troubles getting it primed initially to fire up & had issues with the bottom set of carbs constantly flooding.

So I removed all the carbs & checked them all over for any shit or bad fuel plugging up the needles. Then I checked all the float bowl heights as i'm pretty sure i had some sticky floats, I did have to make some minor adjustments to some of them, including the two bottom carbs which were the ones flooding. Put it all back together, re-set the carb linkages & took it out for a run, & it has worked like a charm so far.

~ 21' Eagle by Seebold W/ 300hp Johnson V8 "Second Effort" Limited edition
~ 19' Baja BR-19 W/ 200GT Johnson V6 (Project boat)

PostPosted: February 23rd, 2014, 8:36 am   
Team Member

Johnson for speed wrote:
[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks for letting me know about that one, It had already been switched over from the original OMC primer system to a 12v electric pump before I had received it. However, when I took it out for it's first few test runs i was having troubles getting it primed initially to fire up & had issues with the bottom set of carbs constantly flooding.

So I removed all the carbs & checked them all over for any shit or bad fuel plugging up the needles. Then I checked all the float bowl heights as i'm pretty sure i had some sticky floats, I did have to make some minor adjustments to some of them, including the two bottom carbs which were the ones flooding. Put it all back together, re-set the carb linkages & took it out for a run, & it has worked like a charm so far.[/quote]

JFS, The electric fuel pumps are difficult to get used to at first - glad you got it figured out. Not sure which electric fuels pumps you have - but 5-7 pound fuel pressure worked good for me. I installed a fuel pressure gauge so I could see what it was. Not sure if you have your fuel pumps operating through your ignition switch or a separate switch. If the switch is "on" any longer than about 3 or 4 seconds- then you will be flooded. Make sure you have an "off" switch - so if you get flooded you can turn "off" the fuel pump - then put your throttle to wide open and crank. Once it starts up you can turn the fuel pump back on.

12' tinny - 9.9 merc