It is currently April 29th, 2024, 2:29 pm

Dok's Barge.

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: September 17th, 2012, 7:32 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

This is an old quote from Roark that RBT posted on the STV site years ago when he was rebuilding a old SRV.

"He meant the SRV line in general. He said that it was a great race boat, but at the same time the tunnels were kicking ass, and the vee was hard to sell as everyone wanted tunnels. He said that they would have been right there with his tunnels, only better in rough water, slower on top......and it will blow over."
:shock: Didn't want to read that... :roll
RBT @ what speed do you think blow over would happen on smooth water 120 ? ... Mike's yellow one ran a Big # when he had the Drag motor on her with Nitrous ...:

When I am running WOT she seems kinda stable and kinda takes a good set, the teetering on the pad requires your attention... Would not want to hit a large roller wave, but the little regular ones are fine. Had her up in the air higher than I wanted to a few times hitting larger wakes in the 90's ...fortunately came out smilen :) With my heart pumping like crazy... :shock:
Good brakes... :D

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 17th, 2012, 7:44 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

KAL Racing wrote:
This is an old quote from Roark that RBT posted on the STV site years ago when he was rebuilding a old SRV.

"He meant the SRV line in general. He said that it was a great race boat, but at the same time the tunnels were kicking ass, and the vee was hard to sell as everyone wanted tunnels. He said that they would have been right there with his tunnels, only better in rough water, slower on top......and it will blow over."
:shock: Didn't want to read that... :roll
RBT @ what speed do you think blow over would happen on smooth water 120 ? ... Mike's yellow one ran a Big # when he had the Drag motor on her with Nitrous ...:

When I am running WOT she seems kinda stable and kinda takes a good set, the teetering on the pad requires your attention... Would not want to hit a large roller wave, but the little regular ones are fine. Had her up in the air higher than I wanted to a few times hitting larger wakes in the 90's ...fortunately came out smilen :) With my heart pumping like crazy... :shock:

I think that boat, like any other you would have to blow it over. It's not just going to go 118.5 and bam over it goes....I always took that statement as the boat could bite you if you're not paying attention..as a rocket, alliston, etc will. I've hit some crazy shit in the mid 90's and thanks to my extensive T-boat experience :lol: I just kept my foot in it and it skipped over it like nothing (heart POUNDING too). I've had cross winds blow the boat off the pad at 96...I dunno...I really think you'd have to try to put the boat over. Granted I've only run 98...but it's still WAY easier to drive at that speed than the voodoo is at 65 (and the voodoo is pretty fricken tame). Mike said he ran 117...so we've all got along way to go before we worry lol. What concerns me is that the boat is too easy and if it turns mean I for one will not be prepared for it...I'll be watching the digitron lol.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: September 17th, 2012, 9:47 pm   
Team Member

Doesn't have to be high numbers to blow over, my HST went over in the 70s, alot has to do with load and water conditions.
Put 3 of us in hospital, one went to work next day, wife had broken back and big toe, I had torn up right knee and ankle (crutches), and the boat was still floating and looked ready to go. Damage found later.

PostPosted: September 17th, 2012, 10:43 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

wetsidedown wrote:
Doesn't have to be high numbers to blow over, my HST went over in the 70s, alot has to do with load and water conditions.
Put 3 of us in hospital, one went to work next day, wife had broken back and big toe, I had torn up right knee and ankle (crutches), and the boat was still floating and looked ready to go. Damage found later.

My brother's Talon went over in the 60's. He was accelerating and he caught a gust of wind at the same time the prop hooked up. I was ahead of him running about 85 and the same gust picked my boat up but nothing exciting. I turned around to take a run back and I saw the bow sticking out of the water...not cool.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2012, 8:21 am   
Team Member

Just lend your boat to James... He'll find the sweet spot for doing summersaults.. lol.

In all honesty I think Richard is right. Look at all the people who have looped rockets and Mirages.. And then you have Dixon Rolling 151mph in a rocket and that dude with the crazy simon motor on his mirage in the 140's. It comes down to the driver and conditions. Hell, Dixon looped his ftp rocket a couple of years ago and he was not doing 150 +. I think my boat would go over sideways loooong before it would stand on end.

PostPosted: September 18th, 2012, 11:03 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

steps to finding the sweet spot-

1. Drive into the wind
2. keep your motor a touch lower then your top speed height
3. build your speed and wind pressure on the hull till your on the pad
4. slowly trim up till air pressure is lifting without trim
5. use throttle to wheelie like a dirt bike
6. hold the throttle wide fucking open to flip over

PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 6:51 am   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

This is the one that runs 111mph with a 36 Bravo... Centre steer with a bench seat in the front.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 7:21 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

KAL Racing wrote:
This is the one that runs 111mph with a 36 Bravo... Centre steer with a bench seat in the front.

I've been trying to find that photo....that thing is movin'. I'm surprised by the Bravo but there's not many 36p props around lol.

PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 7:36 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

DoktorC wrote:
KAL Racing wrote:

I've been trying to find that photo....that thing is movin'. I'm surprised by the Bravo but there's not many 36p props around lol.

that's amazing ! the good news is bravos are easier to come by that 36 cleavers..... lol..

PostPosted: April 19th, 2013, 8:02 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Bravo 1 34 Labbed

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/swap ... ed-rh.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next