It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:50 am

My rides

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 10:14 am   

Thanks Steve, my dad and I weren't really sure what the revs should be in the top end so we weren't trying to push it too hard during the break in period, and that the single ride guide is very hard to hang onto at speed. I'm not a big fan of foot throttles, i prefer to have my right hand on the trim/throttle and my left for steering but then again I've never driven a boat over 75 mph before (being 17 myself lol). Yep we are running the lower unit with the four holes but also have a long shaft lower unit with the single side pickup, which would you run? We were thinking about picking up a raker actually, just because the mercury laser propeller works so well on my 13 checky, that we figured it should work quite nicely. Any idea what the factory recommends rpm to be at full throttle and what your actually safe to run it up to?

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 11:24 am   
Team Member

13Checkmate wrote:
Thanks Steve, my dad and I weren't really sure what the revs should be in the top end so we weren't trying to push it too hard during the break in period, and that the single ride guide is very hard to hang onto at speed. I'm not a big fan of foot throttles, i prefer to have my right hand on the trim/throttle and my left for steering but then again I've never driven a boat over 75 mph before (being 17 myself lol). Yep we are running the lower unit with the four holes but also have a long shaft lower unit with the single side pickup, which would you run? We were thinking about picking up a raker actually, just because the mercury laser propeller works so well on my 13 checky, that we figured it should work quite nicely. Any idea what the factory recommends rpm to be at full throttle and what your actually safe to run it up to?

where on Simcoe are you? im between sibalds and duclous point, if you see my blasting around wave me over

http://thundercatracingna.com/

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 11:31 am   

I hang out in willow beach with my cousins and have a cottage on snake island, were you around the island about 2 months ago? i remember seeing 2 or 3 of those inflatable tunnel hulls ripping around when i was out in the 13 checkmate

PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 11:39 am   
Team Member

I'm not far from either one of you, we're in Beaverton on the lake, by the harbour. If you guys are up in the winter , we could meet up on sleds.If you ever need a hand with the panther or some advice, just email me @ stephen.hobberlin@bell.ca

Steve

PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 12:09 pm   

I actually dont live that far from the lake even though the cottage is like 5 minutes from the house lol. Im always looking for people to rip the sleds with so lets hope we get a good one hahaha.

PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 12:22 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

i visit Simcoe once a week in my boat i'm sure next year we can get everyone together a night or two..

PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 12:25 pm   
Team Member

have a bunky behind our cottage, sleeps 8, you can stay over in.

Steve

PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 12:30 pm   
Team Member

hey beaverton im up for a sled ride.. i head out every sat for the day and fri nights in the ganny. reserve sun for the little fella and the wifeeeee

PostPosted: September 26th, 2012, 3:47 pm   
Team Member

I only own an older fan cooled sled at the moment LOL sold both T-cats two years ago. I'll be out on the lake though.

Steve

PostPosted: September 30th, 2012, 11:24 am   

Update on the 17. The dual ride guide is now in the boat, and with yesterdays nice calm water, we were able to bring it up to 58-5900 rpm and and ran a few passes at about 75-77 mph, thanks again patrick for the steering :D. We currently have the prop shaft about 3 1/2 to 4 inchs below the pad.