It is currently April 25th, 2024, 5:14 pm

1993 Johnson 225

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 22nd, 2015, 10:26 pm   

Hi there... I have a 1993 225 johnson looper v6... I just bought this motor a month and half ago and installed a week ago... Motor was rebuilt and has 50 hrs .... The starbourd side is over heating and i have changed out the Head gasket .. 2 thermosts.. heat sensor.. water pump is new .. Checked hose blow off valve joining 2 thermosts and alls working... Flushed power head with hose for 15 mins ... Motor has lots of presure and temps are running hot.. Port side is running normal operating temp... If any OMC Runners on here have any ideas what else i could check for id appreciate it... Thanks

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 23rd, 2015, 8:11 am   

Hi Patherman,

I'm not sure if anyone here will know or not. Probably? Anyway, on Facebook there are 2 groups that definitely have a ton of knowledge and can probably help:
Strictly OMC
https://www.facebook.com/groups/874113192613275/
Evinrude and Johnson Outboard Power
https://www.facebook.com/groups/55593643398/

PostPosted: August 23rd, 2015, 11:21 am   
Team Member

Frank Jackson on here, or racer( Al Stoker) or Instigater ( Gary) on screamandfly.com.

PostPosted: September 1st, 2015, 5:18 pm   

Thanks for the reply back on helping regaurding problems with over heating on my 225.. Big thanks too Mark Nowak .. Strictly OMC ... Evinrude Johnsons Outbourds.. Alot of hrs put in trouble shooting and turning out the Adaptor plate was restricted on starbourd side from when power head was rebuilt teck drop remains of base gasket in port draining holes... Motor is up and running temps are great.. Thanks again Mark and fellow helpers guiding me through this... Safe boating everyone.

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2015, 8:26 am   
Team Member

Pantherman wrote:
Thanks for the reply back on helping regaurding problems with over heating on my 225.. Big thanks too Mark Nowak .. Strictly OMC ... Evinrude Johnsons Outbourds.. Alot of hrs put in trouble shooting and turning out the Adaptor plate was restricted on starbourd side from when power head was rebuilt teck drop remains of base gasket in port draining holes... Motor is up and running temps are great.. Thanks again Mark and fellow helpers guiding me through this... Safe boating everyone.

Glad you got it going. That was an odd problem to diagnose - for sure. Kudos to those that helped figure that one out. Good luck!

PostPosted: October 6th, 2015, 8:21 am   

its great when someone just knows what is wrong straight away.
you can be pulling your hair out due to not having a clue, especially after tracing everything you know that could cause the problem.
But when a good guru tells you then it just seems so simple.
This is wheethe internet and forums really do come into play, in the old days of NO internet, problems could go on for months, and even cause people to scrap a perfectly good engine .

glad you got it going good now, and don't forget to buy that fella a pint if or when you see him.

also great advice on who to get intouch with !!