It is currently May 5th, 2024, 3:32 am

ARE YOU SMARTER THAN THE DESIGNERS WHO BUILT THE MOTOR?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 2:18 pm   

TopGun wrote:
I am, if you look at the 650 xs the way it came from merc it was a piece of shit so many flaws!!!
The rating was 90hp at 7000rpm .The one I raced 1991 made 107 hp at 8100rpm all by just fixing all the problems with the design of the motor. It would idle all day,come the dock fast , mid range and topend

do you have any 850xs parts? mid and lower ;) ,, :idea:

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 3:48 pm   
Team Member

I knew I would get a lot of replies on this thread. The thread was aimed at the NEWBE who gets all mixed up on hear say and ends up spending tons of cash based on what other people tell them. They believe every positive their told. If your new to the sport. Take your time. Find out for yourself what works for you. Don't automatically follow what some else tells you.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 3:58 pm   
Team Member

Subscribed

PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 4:00 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
I knew I would get a lot of replies on this thread. The thread was aimed at the NEWBE who gets all mixed up on hear say and ends up spending tons of cash based on what other people tell them. They believe every positive their told. If your new to the sport. Take your time. Find out for yourself what works for you. Don't automatically follow what some else tells you.

Replies are good...they keep websites going lol.

These discussions are good though Don...it's good info for the Newbie as it shows the possibility of doing your own work tempered with the knowledge that at any point you can turn your motor in to an 850cc paper weight (remove ALL of the oil pump drive kids)...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 4:01 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

RBT wrote:
Subscribed

What...did they finally kick you off the slopes??? You're good at wreckin' shit...contribute! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 4:07 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
I went that route and it seems the information given here is very accurate! I should have listened! :lol:

PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 4:30 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

SHIVERS wrote:
I went that route and it seems the information given here is very accurate! I should have listened! :lol:

I remember LC and I giving you the straight goods on String Steering and Nitro cases lol...that sure cured the china walking for me lol..

PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 4:48 pm   
Team Member

I will never race because I am neutered.... But I have worked many years in the power sports and automotive business. I see both sides.

But there truly is nothing more aggravating than the tool at the counter who has it all figured out. Never forget that rural Ontario snowmobilers all have a buddy, uncle, dad etc. that knows more about jetting a two stroke than Honda's motogp race team.

But... I have also worked around oem's enough to know what Richard is saying is true.

Either way.. People really know how to ruin the things I like by talking about them :)
... I get so worked up.

I remember when the stupid monster garage and jesse james shows were on... Next thing you knew everyone was "fabricating" and knew about tig welding... etc.

How many people have actually built something? That worked of course.

I have seen the aftermath of home mechanics and modifications... I have seen both sides of the spectrum.... Some people do incredible stuff on there own. Others should not be allowed to own a die grinder.

I am jaded enough now in life that I have almost no interest in experimenting with new ideas... I prefer to just run with something that is already proven (Which means if I were going T-boat racing I would go see one of the guys who were already good and bring lots of beer).

I like driving boats.. Driving cars, riding motorcycles.. etc. I like seeing the results of something that I have done.. But I sure as shit don't like working on any of them. And don't claim to know what the fuck I'm doing either.

I am starting the think that I actually hate the things that I think I love?

I don't think this made any sense.

Peace.

PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 5:25 pm   
Team Member

Mitch... eat a Snickers

PostPosted: April 12th, 2013, 6:04 pm   
Team Member

p man wrote:
Mitch... eat a Snickers

Dude.. I'm in one of those moods today.. If want to entertained give me a call! lol.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next