It is currently April 29th, 2024, 12:39 pm

Skimming the head of a late style 56cu in ?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 6:34 pm   

how many times do i need to explain that ive had the very carbs your talking about in my hand and they are smaller ? SMALLER- littler- not as big !!!!
i spent a lot of money getting them over because i could NOT get this size carb by just using the ordinary
70hp carbs from a Bridgeport, they are not the same size.

no i did not pay big money for the carbs, the big money was the shipping and the duty and vat.
but you being a ????? person cant understand that i could not get these carbs over here even after searching for a long time, is that so hard to get into your head.

i had the opportunity of many occasions to buy 70hp carbs from Bridgeports from 1980's and they are NOT the same size venturi as what i have now,
you have obviously never seen the carbs i have ,lf you did you would know the size is different.

i dont know if i should carry on trying to reason with you, its now very plain to me that you are
a "special needs person" i now feel guilty for upsetting you.

why didn't one of you lot tell me he was "special "

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 8:57 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

:lol: We are surprised as you are :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 9:59 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

phillnjack wrote:
how many times do i need to explain that ive had the very carbs your talking about in my hand and they are smaller ? SMALLER- littler- not as big !!!!
i spent a lot of money getting them over because i could NOT get this size carb by just using the ordinary
70hp carbs from a Bridgeport, they are not the same size.

no i did not pay big money for the carbs, the big money was the shipping and the duty and vat.
but you being a ????? person cant understand that i could not get these carbs over here even after searching for a long time, is that so hard to get into your head.

i had the opportunity of many occasions to buy 70hp carbs from Bridgeports from 1980's and they are NOT the same size venturi as what i have now,
you have obviously never seen the carbs i have ,lf you did you would know the size is different.

i dont know if i should carry on trying to reason with you, its now very plain to me that you are
a "special needs person" i now feel guilty for upsetting you.

why didn't one of you lot tell me he was "special "

Ya, ya, whatever. Ready to post a number yet? Special needs person? Ya, good one... Keep babbling on and and you never know, something intelligent might come out!

Please see the best of Phillnjack in general forum to see more of everyone's favourite "special" troll

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3235&p=32387#p32387

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 10:38 pm   

Philnjack, get the fuck outta here. Your posts always piss me off with how retarted they are but I turn a blind eye to stupid people as I cant normally be bothered. But this is it man, insulting people on our forum. Your boat fuckin sucks and its slow. This is high performance boating Canada. Not know it all, slow boats from the uk. There has to be a forum where all you and your know it all slow boat dicktree friends can keyboard it up.

You have ZERO to contribute here except something to laugh at.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2016, 6:06 pm   

so my carbs are the same as all the others are ?

here is the size I have measured today.
bore of carb back and front is 1 1/2 inches exactly, .
these are todays pics showing what the measuring devices show .

Image.

so its 1 31/100ths of an inch. I make that as near as possible to 1& 5/16ths.
if you make it different please let me know.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2016, 6:55 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

Too bad your "measuring device" doesn't have long enough ends to actually measure the venturi. Those tips are what? about 1/2" long?, how did you get them an inch and a half into the carb? I don't even care if it's bigger. You're still a tool.

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

PostPosted: February 11th, 2016, 7:47 pm   

used inside spring calipers, but due to being a shit cheap make used these two engineering measuring devics to get an accurate readout.
I was expecting you to say these measuring devices are wrong as well.
the only long inside caliper I could find are only go in mm and no way would you have that and probably say is dodgy European stuff.

anyway with it set and locked i then used a good device to get accurate measurements. its called using what you've got.

PostPosted: February 11th, 2016, 7:55 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

phillnjack wrote:
used inside spring calipers, but due to being a shit cheap make used these two engineering measuring devics to get an accurate readout.
I was expecting you to say these measuring devices are wrong as well.
the only long inside caliper I could find are only go in mm and no way would you have that and probably say is dodgy European stuff.

anyway with it set and locked i then used a good device to get accurate measurements. its called using what you've got.

So you expect us to believe your measurements using "dodgy" spring calipers yet you don't believe that poor kid's 39mph GPS reading? Interesting...

Oh...we're in Canada...we actually use the metric system for everything but SLOMC carbs...

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: February 13th, 2016, 10:05 am   

ahh I see
so you can get the same gps reading both ways when running a river that's flowing at 15 mph too.
that's strange, over here we find that running against a 15mph river slows us down 15 on the gps !!!

as for carb measuring
it would not have made the slightest difference if I had use two matchsticks and glued them, the results are what they are.
I did not use the scale on the cheap calipers for precise readings is what I was saying as that could be interpreted as being incorrect. ( he would of jumped straight on them).
the calipers are simple and you just lock them once got what you want and then I take a reading from that.
Now being as this very same way makes the main bore 1.500 inches I cant see the problem.

I often find that cheap tools from itchinfanny2000 to be off by a fair bit. maybe over there your walmart type stuff is brilliant quality, here its total shit.

PostPosted: February 13th, 2016, 10:17 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Dunno about Walmart calipers....but I find its usually the nut on the end of the handle that's more suspect than the tool itself.

I totally agree on the river current but neither of know if that's the case or if his prop, gearcase, tach info is accurate either. Mostly there's no need to treat the kid like an asshole when you yourself don't know either.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next