It is currently May 16th, 2024, 8:37 am

Skimming the head of a late style 56cu in ?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 11:45 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

DoktorC wrote:
OneCycle wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
On the flywheel deal...the difference is not measurable for acceleration or top end rpm. Some SAY it may have some affect on handling (less weight/gyro up high)...but the only fact is that it does nothing to help or hinder actual performance. They do look cool though...

I still can't understand why you want to pick Internet fights with guys that have proven fast versions of your motor. You may not like what or how they say it but...shit...they're fast...well for SLOMC'S...

are you going to ban him ?

Fuck that...this is hilarious.

either am i.

its a good read.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 12:16 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

OneCycle wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
OneCycle wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
On the flywheel deal...the difference is not measurable for acceleration or top end rpm. Some SAY it may have some affect on handling (less weight/gyro up high)...but the only fact is that it does nothing to help or hinder actual performance. They do look cool though...

I still can't understand why you want to pick Internet fights with guys that have proven fast versions of your motor. You may not like what or how they say it but...shit...they're fast...well for SLOMC'S...

are you going to ban him ?

Fuck that...this is hilarious.

either am i.

its a good read.

Most fun I've had at work in ages. The guys in the shop think I've been smoking space weed. Can't understand how I keep bursting out into laughter. I had no idea being a keyboard warrior was so much fun. :mrgreen:

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 12:31 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

It sure helps pass these cold winter days when you don't have anyone to sled with lol

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 1:05 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

Not deleting anything, just posted twice

Last edited by Hevi Kevi on February 10th, 2016, 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 1:07 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

Hevi Kevi wrote:
phillnjack wrote:
Ok suppose I need to explain myself incase anyone else dont understand simple stuff or cannot read English.
sorry to those who have far more knowledge than me on flywheels and why they were ever invented in the first place.

please get comfortable and dont have any hot drinks while reading as I take no responsibility for you spitting at the screen.
( this ones an epic even by my standards )

a little bit on the flywheel subject and why I said about it being no good on recreational engine.

The point of heavy flywheels is to keep any engine or moving rotating mass more stable at slow running speeds.
i.e idle and trolling speeds of an outboard engine. (under 1,000 rpm for most 2 strokes)

if you care to look at any engine that has a low speed you will note it has a heavier flywheel than something designed for higher spin speeds (revolution), normaly these engines are not spending any length of time slow running. You sure do though
the revs need to be kept at a higher speed !!. Bla, Bla Bla, thanks for schooling us on flywheels, none of us on here know how they work,

example , a slow running diesel engine like the petter or lister single cylinder engines that you can hear the rpm of the
piston going up and down.
Gardener 120 140 180 diesels with huge flywheels, AEC engines, and lots of other heavy industrial slow running engines
that spend a lot of time at just above idle.
truck engines that only rev to a maximum of 2,000 rpm also need a heavy flywheel for their low idling speeds. When the fuck did we start talking about diesel engines?

so lets take a fishing motor outboard engine used for recreational use and slow fishing.
why would you use a lightened flywheel on that engine when its not going to have a good low speed idle or trolling speed.
The lightened flywheel is not going to give mega amount of difference to a high speed engine, but will give quicker acceleration that is not as noticeable to its acceleration as its noticeability is when trying to run at a trolling speed.
to have a flywheel lightened for a fishing / recreational motor is not a good idea, and if you take time to go read again youl see that is what I was saying. (not rocket science, infact Very old engineering that stand s true even today Dude, just give it up already...

if on a full race engine then obviously yes the lightened flywheel can be good.

so yes i still stand by what I said, a light flywheel is no good for slow running ON A RECREATIONAL ENGINE !!!.
1 have a lightened flywheels of my own in the past or done this YES I have worked with a few flywheels, some
weighing as little as a few ounces and some weighing over 200 kilo ( 400 plus pounds ). And you lightened them too? How did it look after you attacked it with an angle grinder?

BRF not being about slow boats. hmmm....
not everyone on that forum races boats, and not everyone who looks on forums wants an engine that will only last a few hours .
Lots of recreational boaters go on lots of forums about fast boats.
cream and dry (nick name for his keyboard) is about fast boats mainly, but over 50% of its members also have fishing boats and ski boats.
on that forum just like brf there are fast cabin cruisers, and even houseboats, inflatables and antique boats running
3 hp motors, they are NOT RACE BOATS.

Now the carbs.
top carb you posted has a touch bigger venturi than the 60hp oval ports I have here (by the looks of your photos)
60hp oval port is UNDER 1 inch in the venturi, a proper technical 1 inch rod will not go in the venturi !!! Actually, I used hermaphrodite calipers. I'm sure you know all about hermaphrodites, but you can google calipers
yes I have a true 1 inch engineering rod .
I suppose being as ive had them over 30 years you will say they have shrunk :roll: Yep, I'm sure that's not the only thing you have that's shrunk

as for the rest of your pics I would say they are ALL smaller venturi than the carbs on my engine again by looking at the photos you posted .
sst60 carbs are 1.25 inch yes that is correct, but who told you the oval port 70hp carbs are exactly 1.25 inch ?
go check them out yourself, 1.250 inch is not a good fit by a long way !!!
No I have not yet got an exact measurement, this I will do as ive said a few times in the last couple of days. Still haven't heard you post a size... I rounded to the nearest 1/16 of an inch. I guess I should have wrote it that way, my bad

Now have I been banned from a few forums , oh yes 100% no shit...?
mainly because of thick people like you who cant decide what lie to tell next.or try and twist something to their advantage.
first off
I got banned from BRF for calling mike white a queer no good redneck cunt after he would not stop sending me private messages telling me he will hound me forever and not get off my case. Mmm big mistake on his part.
he then started the abuse and got a bit back, then he thought he was going to shock me with abuse.
well when I explained to him about his parentage and it being so wrong to have a mum and sister and cousin as the same person , he did not like that.
you see whatever he tried to shit on me with he got back 10 fold, so off he trots to his gay friends and they too start the pm crap.
but these poor souls were not even in the same league let alone the same team, they had no idea how far it had gone up the charts.
so they got well and truly fucked off out the frame. Gave up reading this area right around here... I didn't ask for your life story bud...
aso M white starts agin and just cannot stop, go ask him yourself if I offered him a truce and to just let it go.
he would have no truce so it carried on. over the next week or so he was in tears and went running to admin saying I was stalking him ha ha ha . yes the same bloke who started it all in pm's and wouldn't stop.
I turned the table back he didn't like it and went running to his friends for back up.
you know typical tough yank, start a fight then call everyone for help.. not my fault if some prick trys it on then comes unstuck.
check out the posts again, you might notice it the sabine river gay gang that I did not get along with to well.
I dont like to be associated with the big bear types that like to go messing with the young boys in the woods if
you get my drift.
you have no idea of the personal messages I got on brf from the team leader M WHITE.

One of the admins on the site who shares a cabin with him (in the woods !!!) backed him up all the way.
Only to be expected from a bum chum.
and yep I got banned. big deal.
go back and notice I got banned 3 times from there not just once but 3 times.
oh and the member H Gipson is also Mwhite, it was a character made up to back up a couple of posts.
I know H Gipson as he came onto a forum I ran and the ip address was identical, the server was same server.
street name same street and house the same house.

on cream and try one of his little boyfriends OMC STRATOS tried the crap again ,but poor soul didn't get the back up he wanted so stopped due to not realy being upto taking flack back.
poor boy could only muster the word troll.but even that he couldn't spell until pointed out to him.

so yep I got banned from the brf, but that is a 50 -50 site to be honest, half bullshit half true.
the trouble with dealing with rednecks is 2/3rds of them dont know what the other 1/2 are saying or meaning.

and your statement about not being banned on here. I dont quite think that is true.
believe me I think it is possible for me to be banned, as I m sure you will go running for back up OR the admins
will have enough and get rid of me for a while. probably lock the post after you have last shout.

oh by the way I am also banned from strictly omc, but according to the admin/owner im not ?
go look to see who moderators are , yep the moonshine bridgade.

it seems that a lot of people realy dont like it up em when showed to be liars or totally 100% proven to be wrong.
a few not understanding that 7,000 rpm with 15 prop on 1.86 dont get anywhere near 80mph.
yep I got told I didn't know what I was talking about as that it was their gps says and gps is 100% accurate ha ha ha

so keep it up, im sure youl try and find another snippet or two try and make me look bad, I dont mind, infact I often enjoy explaining stuff to those who dont understand English v yank v redneck.

I am still waiting for your excuse about what you wrote on the brf about the small 70 carbs ?
This should be real interesting for me and lots of people reading this. Fuck me, he's still babbling...

sorry to those who have to read this crap, but im sureit will amuse some of you on these cold nights.
give you something to laugh about.
although some will find it realy hard to know the facts and find its suicidaly boring (not even sure if suicidaly is a word)
but thought I had atleast to explain things to those who have no idea what went on.
Lots of stuff on the net gets misinterpreted due to language barriers and rednecks not being able to read big words

if there is anything I have missed out I am sure youl let me know . If there is anything you feel you can teach us, I'm sure you'll let us know
I will try to keep it a bit clean ish, but cant 100% guarantee anything .

oh and

Happy Birdthday to Hevi Kevi :lol: :mrgreen: :D

On my gravestone it shall be written. " Looks like he was right after all " More like "Dude was clueless"

PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 5:15 pm   

is that it ? have you ran out of ammo already :?:

i expected a bit of proper keyboard abuse, i am very disappointed if this is all you have to offer.

still never mind .
i will take a video of the carbs tomorrow and then youl see the size.

PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 5:21 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

phillnjack wrote:
is that it ? have you ran out of ammo already :?:

i expected a bit of proper keyboard abuse, i am very disappointed if this is all you have to offer.

still never mind .
i will take a video of the carbs tomorrow and then youl see the size.

You're disappointed that Kevi is nice to you???

PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 5:34 pm   

No i am disappointed that he didn't put up why he posted the statement about smaller carbs on brf then same size on here.
but the way he was going i also expected a bit more abuse from him as he cant or wont tell us why he stated that.

normally people get all wound up and start the abuse because they know they are wrong, even when evidence is put in front of them , and rather than admit they are wrong, the abuse starts.

similar to a politician, instead of answering the question they chuck another one at you.

with the swearing and stuff i thought he was going to be a proper challenge,.

still never mind, sorry to disappoint those wanting to see a few rounds.
But it will save the admin having to press that Red Button :oops:

PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 5:40 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

I'm the admin...and I already said I don't give a fuck :).

And who cares about what he said on brf....even if it's dead wrong it's not a big deal is it.

PostPosted: February 10th, 2016, 5:45 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

phillnjack wrote:
No i am disappointed that he didn't put up why he posted the statement about smaller carbs on brf then same size on here.
but the way he was going i also expected a bit more abuse from him as he cant or wont tell us why he stated that.

normally people get all wound up and start the abuse because they know they are wrong, even when evidence is put in front of them , and rather than admit they are wrong, the abuse starts.

similar to a politician, instead of answering the question they chuck another one at you.

with the swearing and stuff i thought he was going to be a proper challenge,.

still never mind, sorry to disappoint those wanting to see a few rounds.
But it will save the admin having to press that Red Button :oops:

You just don't get it. YOU ARE A FUCKING PLUG!

Why the fuck are you talking about what I posted on BRF about carbs? I like most people on here were under the impression that they had the small carbs on the 70's like the small ones you showed. Maybe they don't, I've never owned a 70hp oval. Neither have you.

I then said that the magical, rare, impossible to find carbs you had were no bigger than a 75 stinger, SST-60, or other 70hp bridgeport carbs and looked the same as my 50hp twin Then you told me I was stupid to suggest such a thing since you paid big money and shipping to get these magical items. You still haven't posted what size they are.

Go hop in your Dorky Ory or whatever you call that piece of shit and fuck off!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next