It is currently April 29th, 2024, 12:46 pm

Can a 60 hp E-TEC mount on a 40 E-TEC midsection?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 9:43 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

That's the idea behind the nitro conversion....but that doesn't cure the heavy and slow part :). AND it's 850cc!!!! AND it's a 2-stroke...I can't see that being a part of t750 even if it is green..ish.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 10:36 am   

I know this is the 50hp version of the same block, but just look at how poor it done up against others in the 50hp range !!!

its not just top end, its also not what people think when taking off.

http://continuouswave.com/ubb/Forum4/HTML/006458.html

Maybe good for something like e-tec 60 junior t-boat class for 12 to 14 year olds !!!!

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 12:29 pm   
Team Member

DOC the current Yamaha models of the 40 to 60 hp models are all 20 inch mids. Some of the earlier models were both 20 and 15 inch. The 40 hp for sure. Is there any possible match ups with the 15 mids?

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 12:38 pm   
Team Member

phillnjack wrote:
Maybe good for something like e-tec 60 junior t-boat class for 12 to 14 year olds !!!!

That is the reason for the 40 to 50 hp idea. We have a 40 hp young people motor rule here.. The smaller class would offer many advantages to families.
-they can build their own boat
-they can run a wide selection of motors both old style and modern
-they can run a V or Tunnel
-they can purchase the used tunnel or V
-the class is very safe...50 mph
-they can run the boat at the cottage
-they can move up to faster classes using the same boat
-it can be very low cost!

PostPosted: February 21st, 2016, 12:54 pm   

ahh so that class is already going.
looks like the e-tec can stay out the picture and let the proper engines carry one racing.

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2016, 9:35 am   

phillnjack wrote:
Just noticed above where some is getting speeds that are not right. 5800rpm 21 pitch and 2.66 ratio dont give 46mph. Try 40 if your lucky. Would like to know what prop your using to get these figures. And what means to measure the speed.

It was a Turning Point Hustler prop Bud! On GPS! Suggest you go buy one of these engines and do some testing before you comment! Lots of people like to open their mouth without ever owning the equipment! I tested lots of them and different combinations! You ever here of weight to HP? The factory 19" put up 43+ These engines develop a lot of torque and hp and like a lot of prop! By the way the 40,50 and 60 all have the same top end! The HP curve is manipulated by the CPU! You just get to the top end speed faster with a 60 versus a 40!

PostPosted: February 22nd, 2016, 10:15 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

dandrews wrote:
phillnjack wrote:
Just noticed above where some is getting speeds that are not right. 5800rpm 21 pitch and 2.66 ratio dont give 46mph. Try 40 if your lucky. Would like to know what prop your using to get these figures. And what means to measure the speed.

It was a Turning Point Hustler prop Bud! On GPS! Suggest you go buy one of these engines and do some testing before you comment! Lots of people like to open their mouth without ever owning the equipment! I tested lots of them and different combinations! You ever here of weight to HP? The factory 19" put up 43+ These engines develop a lot of torque and hp and like a lot of prop! By the way the 40,50 and 60 all have the same top end! The HP curve is manipulated by the CPU! You just get to the top end speed faster with a 60 versus a 40!

http://www.mercuryracing.com/prop-slip-calculator/

plug your numbers in...you'll see what Phil is talking about.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: February 25th, 2016, 9:34 am   

Ya I know all about that formula, it's as old as the hills. There are much more in depth formulas (theory) that do not translate to real life conditions either. If you want to talk about propellers start another thread. Someone here was asking specifically about 40-60 hp BRP Etec engine. So I thought I would share my two cents!

PostPosted: February 25th, 2016, 9:43 am   
Team Member

Thought id put this out there, if anyone comes acrossed a 60 Etec,. or parts or pieces i could be interested, hopefully needing work to make it cheap :roll:

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

PostPosted: February 25th, 2016, 12:18 pm   
Team Member

tunnelv wrote:
Thought id put this out there, if anyone comes acrossed a 60 Etec,. or parts or pieces i could be interested, hopefully needing work to make it cheap :roll:

The minimum cost by the time you got it running would be in the $3000.00 range. Might be better off to find the dealer trade in allowance for the 2009 listed and offer the seller a couple of 100 dollars more. Try it and if it works , great if not you can resell it for the same or maybe more than you paid for it. You guys are good at buying and selling.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next