It is currently April 29th, 2024, 1:11 pm

Lightning ET

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: March 2nd, 2016, 11:16 pm   

I picked up a STV EURO without power in the fall. Just starting to investigate propellers for the spring. I have read that people have been saying good things regarding the Lightning ET and Mazco RE. Has anyone tried a Hill Marine Eagle or a Performance Propeller ET? Is the performance of the Mercury worth the extra $? I can buy two of these other props for the price of one Mercury ET.

Thanks,

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: March 3rd, 2016, 12:33 am   
Team Member

I am looking to try a lightening ET myself. Mitchie ran one in his triad and LittleCharger has one. Hopefully they can offer up some feedback.

Edit - I think theirs were / are mercs though.

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2016, 10:39 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

seems like the majority say Mercury et's and Cleaver props always run better... except the BBlades on the talon apparently run better than the ProET's

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2016, 10:59 am   

i have a 15x32 performance propeller ET, i like it alot, James ran it on his River Rocket. i ran it on my procomp when i had a mod vp motor on it.. Garriganp ran it on his venom when it had a 200.. it ran good numbers on all 3 boats..
iv started running cleavers they seem to be a bit faster now that i have a bit more power and need to turn a littler higher rpm to make it work..

What motor are you putting on the Euro?

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2016, 11:20 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
i have a 15x32 performance propeller ET, i like it alot, James ran it on his River Rocket. i ran it on my procomp when i had a mod vp motor on it.. Garriganp ran it on his venom when it had a 200.. it ran good numbers on all 3 boats..
iv started running cleavers they seem to be a bit faster now that i have a bit more power and need to turn a littler higher rpm to make it work..

that wasn't a merc prop?... yeah that did throw some good numbers. however i didnt run any other ET on the RR.. but you have about a million props.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2016, 1:55 pm   
Team Member

I ran a 30p et on my ae, its my fastest mph to date, the Hill copy i had did not run the same I think you would have to work one to get it to perform on the same level as the et. Have you tried an SRX? they are supposed to work well on that hull as well.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2016, 2:06 pm   

BoomerMuskoka wrote:

Planning on a 250SHO. I cannot see where anyone has tried one so I am curious to see how a STV will work with a 4-stroke. if that does not happen I may just unbolt the V6 Special from the Seebold and run it.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2016, 2:08 pm   

beavertonae-21 wrote:
I ran a 30p et on my ae, its my fastest mph to date, the Hill copy i had did not run the same I think you would have to work one to get it to perform on the same level as the et. Have you tried an SRX? they are supposed to work well on that hull as well.

Have not tried anything yet. I may reach out to some of the guys here and see if I can try different props in the spring. I have three sets of cleavers from the Skater that I can always use until I find the right prop.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2016, 8:00 pm   

I have a 28 lightening ET that I run on my pro comp and it works really well, I also have a 29 SRX I haven't tried not sure if Boomer tried it on his STV. If your up Muskoka way your welcome to give them a try.

PostPosted: March 3rd, 2016, 9:10 pm   
Team Member

All I ever ran were 2.5 mercs, but I tried a lot of props and my favourite was the 28et, you might want or need more pitch. The Hill aren't worth anything on anything. Mercury lab cleavers are fast, but don't like passengers.