It is currently May 5th, 2024, 4:09 am

Upper trailer for a Two up T boat trailer

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 2:48 pm   
Team Member

I must say this is pretty neat... so long as the sides of the boats hold up to bumps in the road.

The wiring must be a trick to be able to be towed as a single or a double.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 3:20 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

Looks good. Has a price been finalized for this yet?

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 3:48 pm   
Team Member

Hevi Kevi wrote:
Looks good. Has a price been finalized for this yet?

Approximately $3000.00.
We are going to test fit a VooDoo on it and an Allison. The wiring is neat and the lights work differently depending on if the trailer is single 2 across or two single individual trailers. Some may want to add a support in the middle of each trailer or a sling for additional hull support.

PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 4:06 pm   
Team Member

I'm wondering what happens if the center wheels are driven over a low spot,will the boats make contact with each other, maybe I'm not seeing a support bar across the two trailers in the pic.!

PostPosted: March 27th, 2013, 4:31 pm   
Team Member

SHIVERS wrote:
I'm wondering what happens if the center wheels are driven over a low spot,will the boats make contact with each other, maybe I'm not seeing a support bar across the two trailers in the pic.!

The 2 trailers attach to an additional centre tongue at the front and the centre tongue also attaches to the back frames of each trailer frame infront of the wheels. As to how much flex there is? The road test will tell.

PostPosted: March 30th, 2013, 5:59 pm   
Team Member

I picked up the trailer to-day.
The boat angle looks greater when you see the trailer completed. I may make an extra hull support to help support the boat. Not a problem.
The idea is very well thought out. Everything works and splitting it into two trailers is easy.
The individual trailer harness plugs into a central harness. Very neat.
There is even a storage rack and pin on the one trailer to keep the extra tongue.
It tows perfect and has a better ride than my other single axle trailers. The 2 boats would not bump while being towed. It backs up and steers perfect.
Very pleased!

PostPosted: March 31st, 2013, 11:01 am   
Team Member

This trailer has even more options. Now that I played with it a bit, I realize there are many more things I can do with it.
For one I didn't realize you can have both the bunks flat and not on an angle. So now you can put a T Boat on one side Flat and use the other side for a tool box, parts box, spare motor, even a Stock outboard etc. That comes in handy even if you have just one boat and go to the race with a car. You can keep everything all together and not dirty the car. I can tilt the one boat and put a watercraft or maybe a 4 wheeler on the other side. Lots of ways to use this trailer for sure!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6