It is currently April 25th, 2024, 8:12 am

Choose your Weapon ! What would you choose ?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Choose your Weapon ! click the Button to the Left of the boat you would pick!
Image 27%  27%  [ 8 ]
Image 30%  30%  [ 9 ]
Image 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Image 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Image 20%  20%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 30
 PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 2:01 pm   
Team Member

It's a hard decision for sure, as they are all excellent in their own way. But - if I had to choose 1 from the list, I'd probably go with the Tuff. Spent lots of time around Franks 21, and it's very nice, strong, light and can be fast. The extra space and ruff water handling, are what put at the top for me.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 14th, 2014, 5:53 pm   

% beautiful boats that would be a joy to own. Like Boomer I must have a V-bottom boat if I am only going to have one. I have a V-king now which is awesome fun but I can't just go out in any weather or even on beautiful days when the lake is busy so I would have to take something bigger. I did have the pleasure of going out with Ken in the SRV at 108 which was amazing. The boat felt great, big compared to the hydrostream but still super light. Its a super close call for me but I would have to choose the Tuff because of how awesome it is and it best suits georgian bay. I would like to throw kens motor on the back though.

Also if the talon had twin 2.5s it may be a different story lol

Surprised Mark had negative comments towards your boat Allstock, He has always been nice to me and gives me the time of day at the boat show even though I first met him at 20 years old and I probably looked like a stoned hippy bum, who he knew could not afford one of his boats.

PostPosted: October 15th, 2014, 10:59 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

wow.. talon and SRV... neck and neck..

I love 22 talons.... at first they felt heavy and lazy but throw it in some rough and it "un sticks" wakens right up. the one thing i noticed is in 4-5 foot rollers you do get wet from the splash off the sponsons through the middle.

with kens motor on a talon i think it would be the idea single solution... twin 200xs would be soooo sick...

it would be nice to get the talon to accelerate hard without putting on twins or a gas guzzler on it and still go over 100

PostPosted: October 15th, 2014, 8:25 pm   

Propstand wrote:
% beautiful boats that would be a joy to own. Like Boomer I must have a V-bottom boat if I am only going to have one. I have a V-king now which is awesome fun but I can't just go out in any weather or even on beautiful days when the lake is busy so I would have to take something bigger. I did have the pleasure of going out with Ken in the SRV at 108 which was amazing. The boat felt great, big compared to the hydrostream but still super light. Its a super close call for me but I would have to choose the Tuff because of how awesome it is and it best suits georgian bay. I would like to throw kens motor on the back though.

Also if the talon had twin 2.5s it may be a different story lol

Surprised Mark had negative comments towards your boat Allstock, He has always been nice to me and gives me the time of day at the boat show even though I first met him at 20 years old and I probably looked like a stoned hippy bum, who he knew could not afford one of his boats.

Everyone has a bad day every now and again. Water under the bridge now.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 8:49 am   
Team Member

"the one thing i noticed is in 4-5 foot rollers you do get wet from the splash off the sponsons through the middle"

I'm sorry James... But 4-5's in a talon 22 is survival only. Your idea of wave size and mine are different. That shit you and Isabellasteamroller were in was 4-5' in your video.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 8:59 am   
Team Member

Supermitchie wrote:
"the one thing i noticed is in 4-5 foot rollers you do get wet from the splash off the sponsons through the middle"

I'm sorry James... But 4-5's in a talon 22 is survival only. Your idea of wave size and mine are different. That shit you and Isabellasteamroller were in was 4-5' in your video.

Not to take anything away from the Talon... They are awesome. But nothing on this site works well in 4-5 footers except maybe rfcb's Skater and Daves big super.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 9:55 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Supermitchie wrote:
Supermitchie wrote:

Not to take anything away from the Talon... They are awesome. But nothing on this site works well in 4-5 footers except maybe rfcb's Skater and Daves big super.

What do you mean Mitchie? Getting wet was an observation I had while on route to the western islands with Dave Ray in Al rays talon 22 and we never made it because we ran into a storm coming from the north west and we had to turn around because of waves.. I'm not sure what you meant. The talon doesn't not work well in that stuff you get really really wet from the noes stuffing so much.

PostPosted: October 16th, 2014, 11:16 am   
Team Member

OneCycle wrote:
Supermitchie wrote:
Supermitchie wrote:

What do you mean Mitchie? Getting wet was an observation I had while on route to the western islands with Dave Ray in Al rays talon 22 and we never made it because we ran into a storm coming from the north west and we had to turn around because of waves.. I'm not sure what you meant. The talon doesn't not work well in that stuff you get really really wet from the noes stuffing so much.

Misunderstanding.

PostPosted: October 20th, 2014, 9:29 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

:oops: I would like too change my vote :roll: Please :mrgreen: