View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 28th, 2015, 11:10 pm   
Team Member

FluKy15 wrote:
wildcatt wrote:
wildcatt wrote:
FluKy15 wrote:
Looks like I'm switching my gas stations...

I ran Shell Premium in that engine for the whole time I had it Mike. Even though it has a knock sensor. I did run marina gas once, and it was OK, but it supposedly runs better on the premium. Ask Doc - he's the one that told me.

FYI - there is no limiter, and Chris Carson reeds in that thing. Everything else is stock. Pushed my DL to 80.

I didn't think there was a limiter on my motor, as it spun above 6000 at some moments with my cleaver on there... Gonna get out there August 6th to do some test runs before I bring it out to West Lake, gotta make sure the boat is running properly lol. I think my gas line is bad, not giving me the full power that I need. Been so unlucky with this boat hah

Check your fuel filter for clogs if you think it is a fuel issue. It is easily unthreaded to confirm sitting on the motor - follow the fuel line in.

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: July 29th, 2015, 12:16 pm   

^^will do, I'll check it all when I can. My plan is to buy another gas line anyways. I wish I could do all this much sooner than the day I leave for west lake... But NYC this weekend until Tuesday...

PostPosted: July 29th, 2015, 12:31 pm   
Team Member

I just replaced all the fuel line in my boat including the lines from the pumps to the carbs, they where all soft and going flat. Be careful replacing the line from the filter to the lower fuel pump that it does not interfere with the oil pump rod and hang up you idle speed. The limiter on the older computerized 2.6 litre motors is just a two grey wires coming out from the bottom of the computer harness with a removable connecter , pull at the connecter and split the wires and no more rev limiter.

PostPosted: July 29th, 2015, 1:10 pm   

Well it has already been established that I have no rev limiter on my motor :lol: so that wouldn't be an issue.

However, I'm only doing the fuel tank to the motor, possibly the fuel filter if it needs it.