It is currently May 1st, 2024, 11:42 pm

CATCH 10 - Full Size Templates and Plans Available Now!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 1:51 pm   
Team Member

vwfreak wrote:

I finally found a print shop locally that will make copies of the full size templates that I have for my old Catch 10 tunnel hull. Took them in last night and got the call already today, that they're ready for pick up.

If anyone wants a copy to build one for themselves, let me know. So far I've had three sets printed out and can have more made if there enough interest. Not looking to profit from this, just cover my printing costs. *Ballpark $40-45 per set*

Current owner is still running my stock 1985 Merc 25XD and is seeing 41mph. The boat handles chop like nothing I've ever driven and lets face it. It's badass looking! Be a hero and build one of these with your kid. They'll love you forever!!

Very cool little project :)

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 3:29 pm   
Team Member

I really like this idea too! Thanks for getting that done Scott!

I think this would be an awesome boat to race! I would keep it a stock motor 25hp to 40hp class sit down style with foot throttle. Kids could run the 25 and adults could run a 40 safely and easily. One of the tricks with hydro's is that they are tempermental. They are hard to start, only go forward, hard to plane and stall easily. I think some racers would rather sit down, shift into foward and go three laps! This would be a good T class feeder. A Lemans start would be cool too!

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 4:22 pm   

GT pro is seeing close to 50 with this style hull and a pretty heavy weight of 650lbs and a 30-35hp 31.8cu-in omc with homemade trim. They are sit in boats with foot throttles.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 4:24 pm   

Glad to see you finally got somebody to print these for you, I would be interested in a set when you figure out full price with shipping. shipping for me would be to Quebec.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 4:25 pm   

I will take a set of those plans. Great project for my daughter and myself.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 5:45 pm   
Team Member

[quote="DoktorCYup...I'd be down for this or GT30...but you said I'm too fat for GT so...here we are :). If this has any chance of being a class then I'm even more excited...[/quote]

When we made T Class its own class we provided the opportunity for this type of hull to race.
T Class Outboard Racing Division is a division under OUTBOARD CANADA/PRODUCTION STOCK RUNABOUT or PSR for short. We are planning to have PST or Production Stock Tunnel. We have always got the most feedback from people interested in small tunnels 10 to 13 feet in length either wood or composite. Most prefer a motor 30 to 50 hp. The interested racers would like a weight under 550 lbs and not the 650 lb as in APBA. The GT30 and smaller class V hulls are faster than the APBA tunnels. It would be great to see some of the small tunnels racing. There are plans for many of the wood boats and composite tunnels out there was well. We could see what people have and bring them out and try them. Then design the class rules to fit.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 7:00 pm   

how much for a digital copy of them?

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 7:50 pm   

STV builder wrote:
how much for a digital copy of them?

I didn't go that route yet. Wanted to be sure there was enough interest first. They said ballpark price would be $100+ for what you're looking for.

I picked them up tonight and they turned out great! I went ahead with a 40% set of plans to build a larger scale r/c version.

PostPosted: January 22nd, 2014, 8:15 pm   

*These are the scale model templates but are still big enough that they cover my entire dining room table. Last pic shows full size original on the left and the new printed copy on the right, to give you an idea what they look like. They are each numbered and clearly marked too. 8-)

PostPosted: January 23rd, 2014, 9:02 am   

VW, where are you located? I could pick up a few sets as I will be being James in a week or so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next