It is currently May 5th, 2024, 1:46 am

Choose your Weapon ! What would you choose ?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Choose your Weapon ! click the Button to the Left of the boat you would pick!
Image 27%  27%  [ 8 ]
Image 30%  30%  [ 9 ]
Image 13%  13%  [ 4 ]
Image 10%  10%  [ 3 ]
Image 20%  20%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 30
 PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 10:54 am   

OneCycle wrote:
sorry Dave Ray.... 1 vote on the old girl..... good thing you hang with a new crowd now...

I like my old STV :D does this mean I can't hang around with the new crowd ;) Yep it was my vote :mrgreen:

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 11:21 am   

Supermitchie wrote:
allstock wrote:
One of each would be perfect! I would take the Talon if I only could take one though... I like the Tuff, but after talking to the owner of the company at the boat show and having him tell me my boat was a POS, literally, to my face, I would not buy one if it was the last boat on the planet.

Not supporting him saying it.... But 75% of the boats around.. Including mine... are a POS compared to a Tuff....

That's why I want one.

Oh ya I get it Mitch... I'm sure his boats are the best thing since sliced bread, just ask him he'll tell you, and than proceed to insult whatever you happen to have. I got rubbed the wrong way when he told me "Checkmates are built like shit, poor quality parts and workmanship", after he asked me what kind of boat I had... What kind of person tells that to someone's face... Why not just promote the positives about your own product? Low fucking class in any event. This as I was standing there with my wife and kids at the Boat Show looking at a 16' for the kids, Chequebook in pocket. Maybe he was having a bad day, who knows. My wife was shocked, and then I had to explain to my 13 & 14 year old that no our boat wasn't "A piece of shit". I'm sure you know, once someone "rubs you the wrong way" and leaves a bad taste in your mouth you are unlikely to support the product, regardless of how good it may be. I'm sure he's a great guy, but he sure needs to polish his sales presentation if he wants to sell any boats.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 11:30 am   
Team Member

allstock wrote:
Supermitchie wrote:
allstock wrote:
One of each would be perfect! I would take the Talon if I only could take one though... I like the Tuff, but after talking to the owner of the company at the boat show and having him tell me my boat was a POS, literally, to my face, I would not buy one if it was the last boat on the planet.

Not supporting him saying it.... But 75% of the boats around.. Including mine... are a POS compared to a Tuff....

That's why I want one.

Oh ya I get it Mitch... I'm sure his boats are the best thing since sliced bread, just ask him he'll tell you, and than proceed to insult whatever you happen to have. I got rubbed the wrong way when he told me "Checkmates are built like shit, poor quality parts and workmanship", after he asked me what kind of boat I had... What kind of person tells that to someone's face... Why not just promote the positives about your own product? Low fucking class in any event. This as I was standing there with my wife and kids at the Boat Show looking at a 16' for the kids, Chequebook in pocket. Maybe he was having a bad day, who knows. My wife was shocked, and then I had to explain to my 13 & 14 year old that no our boat wasn't "A piece of shit". I'm sure you know, once someone "rubs you the wrong way" and leaves a bad taste in your mouth you are unlikely to support the product, regardless of how good it may be. I'm sure he's a great guy, but he sure needs to polish his sales presentation if he wants to sell any boats.

I get it .. I'd be super rattled. I've been is similar situations myself.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 11:47 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Knowing Mark for many years...I'm VERY surprised to hear that. He's probably the least insulting guy I know (not that, that is saying much actually..but..). Shitty experience all the way around and I'm sorry to hear it.

I'm still buying one.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 12:42 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

Ever one of those choice boat builder or any other one for that matter, will have something bad to say about the competition, that is just the nature of any game . He may handle thing different after hearing about this. Maybe :mrgreen:
:? I thought that everyone knew that Checkmates are Pieces of $hit ! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 1:01 pm   
Team Member

Tough ( no punn intended) decision, as all these come up in my favorite rides, I suppose If I where to build the ultimate 22' and under simcoe boat for me it would be the 22' Talon with Ken's bad ass mota :evil:

Last edited by beavertonae-21 on October 9th, 2014, 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 1:07 pm   

DoktorC wrote:
Knowing Mark for many years...I'm VERY surprised to hear that. He's probably the least insulting guy I know (not that, that is saying much actually..but..). Shitty experience all the way around and I'm sorry to hear it.

I'm still buying one.

Nobody more surprised than I, everybody has a bad day every now and than but wtf :roll: . Putting that bad experience behind me I would think one of his boats would be awesome, same basic layout as what I have but faster.
KAL Racing wrote:
Ever one of those choice boat builder or any other one for that matter, will have something bad to say about the competition, that is just the nature of any game . He may handle thing different after hearing about this. Maybe :mrgreen:
:? I thought that everyone knew that Checkmates are Pieces of $hit ! :mrgreen:

Aren't they all pieces of shit?? :lol:

PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 1:09 pm   

I've always said if I had the means I would have ten boats. One for every day of the week with three extras because sure as shit at least three would be broken at any given time!

PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 1:21 pm   
Team Member

My Fav is timeless classic design V-King, like Shelby AC Cobra classic of performance boats; not a big water La-z-Boy barge like Tuff, or training wheel tunnels.
Takes serious skill to string out and hold V-King at WOT.
Pat, your rig rocks!

PostPosted: October 9th, 2014, 1:51 pm   

1 I Bandit wrote:
OneCycle wrote:
sorry Dave Ray.... 1 vote on the old girl..... good thing you hang with a new crowd now...

I like my old STV :D does this mean I can't hang around with the new crowd ;) Yep it was my vote :mrgreen:

I'm with you.I like the STV's look.
Not having driven any of them that's all I got.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next