It is currently April 28th, 2024, 6:29 am

buying/Selling into the States

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 28th, 2015, 5:56 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

the interesting thing is i spend all of my early winter selling most of my "stock" of motors and boats into the states worked out really well. when your talking 20+ thousand its a huge gain for a us Canadians as some of use have capitalized on the dollar in the last few months. we will never get every last ounce of value out of our boats if we don't capitalize on the dollar when its down.

Now for the hard part. now that i'm building this Talon and the majority of the parts i am buying are from the states mainly because i am sourcing used parts and the ratio for performance boats is much higher. buying 500 dollars worth of jack plates turns into $1000 really easily after shipping and everything.

so i have a couple ideas that could help each other as we battle the cost to import. such as...

1) Combining shipping. Example: my self and Dave ray are buying things from eddie marine so we are combining the shipping and saving on brokerage fees and shipping.

2) trips to the states. Example: if anyone is traveling it might be beneficial to help each other transport/ pickup / Ect...

this could be expanded on.. anyone have any money saving ideas when it comes to buying from the states ??

i am going to try out a new Forum buy and sell area to post. potential orders/ trips/tricks for when we are importing and Exporting... thought it might be handy

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: April 28th, 2015, 6:04 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Here is the new topic forum

viewforum.php?f=58

PostPosted: May 5th, 2015, 7:32 am   

I live 10 minutes from the blue water bridge an about 15 from the sombra ferry. I order parts all the time for the boat, jetski, friends ect and have my shipping address set for the ferry. Shipping is always fast and sometimes free when you ship to the states. They bring the parts over an it cost 5 bucks. Then you pay customs the required taxes and your done. Ive been there with less then a couple hundred worth of stuff an get waved thru.

If I had a paypal invoice or ebay transaction I could pick stuff up for anyone. I just show them my phone. its Bout the easiest an cheapest way ive found to get parts into Canada without cod brokerage fees, weeks of waiting an crazy shipping costs. They have the ability to handle motors and large stuff too but the fee is higher im sure.

Id be glad to help anyone out if I can. I know most of you live far away from me and that makes it harder to deal with. But I can get your shit into Canada quick and easy. Maybe everyone buy a buncha stuff, and then you all can come down and we can run the st.slair river :lol: if it was less then say 200, and sorta small I could probly even send it from the post office to you an still be ahead. many options, ill help if I can.

PostPosted: May 7th, 2015, 8:21 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Wideopen wrote:
I live 10 minutes from the blue water bridge an about 15 from the sombra ferry. I order parts all the time for the boat, jetski, friends ect and have my shipping address set for the ferry. Shipping is always fast and sometimes free when you ship to the states. They bring the parts over an it cost 5 bucks. Then you pay customs the required taxes and your done. Ive been there with less then a couple hundred worth of stuff an get waved thru.

If I had a paypal invoice or ebay transaction I could pick stuff up for anyone. I just show them my phone. its Bout the easiest an cheapest way ive found to get parts into Canada without cod brokerage fees, weeks of waiting an crazy shipping costs. They have the ability to handle motors and large stuff too but the fee is higher im sure.

Id be glad to help anyone out if I can. I know most of you live far away from me and that makes it harder to deal with. But I can get your shit into Canada quick and easy. Maybe everyone buy a buncha stuff, and then you all can come down and we can run the st.slair river :lol: if it was less then say 200, and sorta small I could probly even send it from the post office to you an still be ahead. many options, ill help if I can.

good to know ! i'm not sure what MOTOboat has figured out for our Eddie marine shipment but i'm sure he has read you r reply.