It is currently May 9th, 2024, 3:41 pm

Guitar & Bass Purge

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 18th, 2016, 6:11 am   
Team Member

Hi Guys,
I've surpassed critical mass in my shop, no room to store everything so something has to go in favour of a complete Man Cave refit. Really looking forward to having all my tools organized and in one place. To that end, I've purchased new tool chests which will be placed where all my musical instruments are currently stored. Will be taking most of it to The Twelfth Fret to be sold on consignment but before I do I thought I'd post here at favourable prices.
No time to take pics of everything but that can be arranged for interested parties.
Spent the past 2 weekends going through each instrument, new strings, checked setup, new batteries (where applicable), these are ready to play, no issues.

This is a partial list. Have keyboards, preamps, power amps, bass cab, pedals, etc
Feel free to contact me directly for further info.

Tom
cell/text 416-823-6651

Guitars...

- 2005 American Deluxe Telecaster, Cherry burst, bound body, Maple neck & fingerboard, noiseless pickups, factory S1 switching, 10/10 Condition $1200

- 2005 Music Man Silhouette 20th Ann, Golden honey, laminated top, maple neck and fingerboard, Dimarzio humbuckers, Rare and a beautiful player, 8.5/10 Condition $1450

- 2007 Music Man Albert Lee - autographed by the man himself, Blue Dawn, maple neck and fingerboard, 3 Strat type pickups with noiseless circuit. I bought this mainly because I loved the colour and it plays so well, very comfortable, MM have the best neck profile in the business, 9.5/10 Condition $1150

- 2009 Eastman T-184MX, a Gibson ES style guitar made by true craftsman. This is the most beautiful piece in my collection, true 10/10 condition. If an arch top is being considered we need to talk as there's just too much to say about this one.
You can see a picture of it a The Twelfth Fret website. $1400

- 2006 Godin A6 Ultra. chambered semi acoustic dual preamp with hum bucker and piezo pickups, natural finish, mahogany back, rosewood fingerboard. I'm a big fan of Godin products, Canadian made, excellent quality, check them out online.
This one's a great multi purpose guitar. Comes with Godin padded gig bag $500

- 2004 Godin LG P90, Mahogany body and neck, rosewood fingerboard, pickups upgraded to Gibson P90's (original Seymour Duncans included), also has optional factory hardshell case, I'll call it 9.5/10 condition but there's no flaws, I just played it a lot, it's as close to a vintage Les Paul Jr you'll get without paying vintage prices
$450

- 2008 Godin 5th Avenue Arch Top Acoustic, Cognac burst, rosewood fretboard, satin finish. I got one of the first production units of this, it's a Robert Godin tribute to early Gibson arch tops without the vintage price, generic gig bag $425

- also have a Parts Strat I'm working on. Don't want to let it go as is, needs a little love. Has desirable maple Japanese neck, vintage hardware, metallic red alder body, hot Texas pickups, will let you know when it's ready, $400 approx

Basses...

- 1977 Fender Precision, Burst, Maple neck and fretboard, all original, complete with finish checking and dings, still looks great but she's been played. The is my go-to bass, neck is rock solid and stays in tune. Condition is what you'd expect of a 29 year old instrument. I'll let it go to someone who really wants it for $1550

- 2007 Fender Precision Deluxe, black, maple neck, rosewood board, active 18 volt 3 band EQ, standard P bass pickup with stacked J bass humbucker at bridge.
Bought this used cause I wanted a PJ, think a previous owner played in a metal band, lots of war wounds (dings) but nothing thru the finish, neck is perfect, good player 6.5/10 condition $650

- 2011 Fender Jazz, Olympic white (ageing nicely), maple neck, rosewood board,
Audere Audio JZ3 active preamp (original passive controls included), fret tune up 2 years ago as these J necks are finicky, near perfect condition at 9.5/10 $900

- 2011 Music Man Stingray 4 Classic, tobacco burst, maple neck and fingerboard, 2 band EQ, near perfect condition, one tiny ding on rear, vintage fingerboard radius plays very well. I like this one and would probably be the one I keep if it gets right down to it, a very good all round bass. 9.5/10 condition $1150

- 2012 Music Man Stingray 4 BFR (Ball Family Reserve), 2 pickups, 5 way switching, 3 colour burst, Solid rosewood neck in absolutely perfect condition, 10/10. Bought this on a whim cause it's a one-off and rare and way too nice to take out of the house... lol $1650

- 1995 Music Man Stingray 4 Fretless, burst finish, tiger maple neck, lined Pau Ferro fingerboard, string dampers, 3 band EQ, drop tuning key, some fingerboard wear but doesn't affect playability, a few small body dings, T.I. Flat wound strings, 8/10 condition $1250

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 18th, 2016, 7:35 pm   
Team Member

That's a very impressive line up! I would definitely be interested if I was wasn't spending all my money on boat and motor parts. I love Godin stuff. I have a couple of Godins too. That 5th Avenue is a nice one. 8-)

PostPosted: February 18th, 2016, 8:38 pm   
Team Member

Spend on both, life's short.

I've enjoyed having them and will be happy to keep which ever one (or two) are left.
It's simply a matter of priorities... Lots of MI gear or organized tools.
Tough call but in the end, tools won out.
There will always be "another" guitar.

PostPosted: February 19th, 2016, 9:39 pm   

enough axe to fell a forest, sounds like a realy nice collection.
I have never even picked up a tele, yet I do like their sound.

hope you manage to get your list sold.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2016, 2:05 pm   
Team Member

Music Man Albert Lee sold to a man of impeccable taste and talent.

PostPosted: February 20th, 2016, 6:49 pm   

She is Beautiful, My Precious.