It is currently April 28th, 2024, 1:15 pm

HPBC 5MIle Leaderboard / Top Speed Shootout

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: January 6th, 2013, 11:48 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

My guess is that is was the White/Yellow one RBT rebuilt ... It is all white ... :D
What kind of #'s were you getting with the 280 ?

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 7th, 2013, 12:00 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

KAL Racing wrote:
My guess is that is was the White/Yellow one RBT rebuilt ... It is all white ... :D
What kind of #'s were you getting with the 280 ?

Yup....Genesis...the one that started it all for us.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: January 10th, 2013, 8:37 am   

Remember seeing it for sale on the other channel a few years ago... still would like too know what kind of numbers she ran with the 280 ... :)

PostPosted: January 10th, 2013, 11:38 am   
Team Member

KAL Racing wrote:
Remember seeing it for sale on the other channel a few years ago... still would like too know what kind of numbers she ran with the 280 ... :)

never mind what it did with a 280, just keep tweeking yours,it's fast,now make it quick! ;)

PostPosted: January 12th, 2013, 11:10 am   

Five Gallon Bay is about running a big number, not how fast we get there... Last year at Rick's place , Sunday morning, I didn't know I was in 5GB, I was just running for James to get pics... wasn't running for a big number. Saturday evening I was at the dock watching Rick and Mitchie run my prop... Didn't know that we were doing the top end shoot out for 5GBay... Would of ran a bigger number than what is posted :P ... The best I ran so far is real close too 107 mph with two of us in the boat... either I run out of lake, run into wake, run out of balls or running into birds... Not necessarily in that order. Have to work on balancing the the boat for solo runs... The 3 props I have for this boat all handle soooo different, 32x14.5 4 blade Hoss, 32x14.5 Lightning ET and a 15x34 Dewald Cleaver . It's been two summers that I have run this boat, it has been a big learning curve for me with a few scary moments... Cant wait for summer... :D
Now too make her quick Ha Ha Mabe kinda quick. What I need is a 24" and a 26" Yami Drag worked for my big boat , Allison skid planner and a drag plate. That still won't be enough too run against a good 2.5 260, sooo then comes the DBR level 1or level 2 kit... :D . Bought this boat to run it as a lake boat it's not a drag boat...

PostPosted: January 12th, 2013, 11:06 pm   

Mine was the original white one that Rob took the mold off. It would run 102mph. I bought it as a shell and rigged it. I have had sooo many boats --the SRV is the best pad boat i have ever driven. SOO predictable--great manners. My critchfield 650xs had wonderful manners also. Although the boats were much different i always thought they had the same driving characteristics. I have never owned a v-21 but have always like them. Deep down i'm a hydrostream lover. Many of you know of my v-king 200xs ss and my Vector -- powered by a warmed 260.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 12:14 am   
Team Member

I never dialed in my SRV when I had the 250xs ish motor on the back. With the 3l sporty on it it was capable of running into the triples and has. I know my XR6 case would have been faster but I never had a torque tab on it to put it to the test when I owned it. It was a bit more of a monster with the drag and 150 shot but a little tough on the wallet.

The purple boat on the other hand never seemed to run out of legs... More a balls thing. There are a few that can describe as a passenger what the ride from a standing cruzing speed of 100 to 120 + feels like though. Backing out was really a balls and respect thing as it was still pulling.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 12:24 am   
Team Member

The Bag Man wrote:
There are a few that can describe as a passenger what the ride from a standing cruzing speed of 100 to 120 + feels like though. Backing out was really a balls and respect thing as it was still pulling.

Uhm indeed yes I can attest to the ride along in the purple boat and pulling hard on the higher side of 100 mph. Insane! :o :o :o

I am glad I went though in the end :)

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 12:36 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

dubber wrote:
The Bag Man wrote:
There are a few that can describe as a passenger what the ride from a standing cruzing speed of 100 to 120 + feels like though. Backing out was really a balls and respect thing as it was still pulling.

Uhm indeed yes I can attest to the ride along in the purple boat and pulling hard on the higher side of 100 mph. Insane! :o :o :o

I am glad I went though in the end :)

My wrists still hurt from trying to hang on...and the thought of that ride still scares me lol.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: January 17th, 2013, 1:23 am   
Team Member

That was a good day. It is still the black sheep boat on six mile.

Profile Send private message WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next