It is currently May 21st, 2024, 9:49 am

What is a TUFF-critch?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 PostPosted: December 22nd, 2012, 4:19 pm   
Team Member

When we designed the TUFF 28, every line was considered with the question `what is more aerodynamic` and if there was no clear answer, then it went to `what looks best esthetically`. That is how we got the T28.
When we noticed that the Magnum and some related Aronow stuff looked similar, we found out the Harry Schule (sp) that actually designed the stuff, had an aeronautical back ground and so he did the same thing we did and got to a very similar place.

The old stuff has bottom designs related to the speed potential at the time, so they are wrong to be considered fast today. And the weight was more suited to the environment of ocean crushing with the old tech materials of the day.

So today you design for 100+ mph speed aerodynamically and hydro dynamically for a very different ride.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: December 22nd, 2012, 4:37 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

tuffboat wrote:
When we designed the TUFF 28, every line was considered with the question `what is more aerodynamic` and if there was no clear answer, then it went to `what looks best esthetically`. That is how we got the T28.
When we noticed that the Magnum and some related Aronow stuff looked similar, we found out the Harry Schule (sp) that actually designed the stuff, had an aeronautical back ground and so he did the same thing we did and got to a very similar place.

The old stuff has bottom designs related to the speed potential at the time, so they are wrong to be considered fast today. And the weight was more suited to the environment of ocean crushing with the old tech materials of the day.

So today you design for 100+ mph speed aerodynamically and hydro dynamically for a very different ride.

My time spent as a passenger in the T28 is something I'll never forget....the boat is unreal...and Mark drives it like he stole it.....

The boat eats up Georgain Bay and cruiser waves faster than any of those old school boat (of a similar size) even go.....the dude accelerated at a 50' SeaRay that was on plane!!

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: December 23rd, 2012, 9:27 am   
Team Member

thanks for the insight Mark! seeing what the Tuff21 can do compared to the 21challenger I'm pretty sure the T28 has to be a real performer!
back to topic!
I'm a little apprehensive about the Tcritch build, if it runs like your other hulls the t/class will become the tuff class and most of the hulls currently running will be obsolete! I know the TORC organization tries to even the boats to keep things competitive and I think they'll have there hands full, until you have enough boats in the water to make the field competitive with each other again! thanks to Gig for getting this started,after all it takes someone to put there money down to build progress!
It's a proud time for Canadian Hi-Perf. boaters to have "TUFF" here!

PostPosted: December 24th, 2012, 9:28 am   
Team Member

Quote:
I'm a little apprehensive about the Tcritch build

It is interesting that you said that, because your right. But I should explain a little here. We are not changing the boat design, although I would like to. We are just trying to build it better. The weight rule should keep that in check. For example, this first boat for Geigitron is almost done and we have decided that he cant have it... it is too light... it is almost done and at 135lbs. So we will build another adding weight and material were it makes sense to meet the weight requirement. So in the end, the only advantage a new TUFFcritch would have is a more rigid bottom.

ImageImage

Anybody want a super light weight boat? great for kilos or 30hp like Don said?
It has a super strong transom, vinylester build, for $2,500.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: December 24th, 2012, 9:37 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Who wants to load me $2500??????

PostPosted: December 24th, 2012, 10:58 am   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:

DOC this would be the ideal group project boat for those interested in GT30.
Instead of one person we should be able to get 4 people.
What do you think?

PostPosted: December 24th, 2012, 12:08 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Wow that's light ...

It would be a cool boat to play around with..

PostPosted: December 24th, 2012, 3:15 pm   
Team Member

Mark, just build what you think is best! if you can improve the design of the hull do it! if this one is faster race it!We need progress or things will become stale!

PostPosted: December 24th, 2012, 6:42 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
DoktorC wrote:

What do you think?

Naaaw...if I were to buy that it would be my T boat...not my Green T boat :). I'm fat...I'd make weight no problem.

PostPosted: December 24th, 2012, 10:40 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
Hounddog wrote:
DoktorC wrote:

What do you think?

Naaaw...if I were to buy that it would be my T boat...not my Green T boat :). I'm fat...I'd make weight no problem.
you could add ballast as the summer went along and the winter insulation sheds! :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6