All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 4:05 pm   
Team Member

BOAT MOLDS

Speed Cat Mod VP Molds
Dave Elsey has a boat from these molds
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeI ... =384813543

MINI VOODOO ORIGINAL MOLDS
GT30???? If we put a Rapid Craft style deck on this hull and did a little rework on the bottom. This would be a good GT30 boat.
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z384813286

NEW DELTAS
2 STUDENTS in Georgian College Marine Mech Program have popped hull and deck out of Delta mold. They have ss 50 hp omc Hope to see these young people at an event.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 6th, 2012, 11:03 pm   
Team Member

"2 STUDENTS in Georgian College Marine Mech Program have popped hull and deck out of Delta mold. They have ss 50 hp omc Hope to see these young people at an event."
I have asked Bmax( their GGn Coll teacher) to encourage them to attend GH to watch, talk shop w racers.
Hmmm, TORC could engage Ggn Coll Mech apprentices w free memberships while they're students, encourage to attend TORC races, as volunteers, corner boats, roping, set-ups; here's a youth target audience already passionate about boating. Hmmm...

PostPosted: June 7th, 2012, 11:46 am   
Team Member

I know the two from georgian.. And they fully plan on racing the delta once its finished up wich should be in a few weeks!

PostPosted: September 12th, 2012, 11:40 am   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
BOAT MOLDS

MINI VOODOO ORIGINAL MOLDS
GT30???? If we put a Rapid Craft style deck on this hull and did a little rework on the bottom. This would be a good GT30 boat.
http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicle ... Z384813286

NEW DELTAS
2 STUDENTS in Georgian College Marine Mech Program have popped hull and deck out of Delta mold. They have ss 50 hp omc Hope to see these young people at an event.

I recalled this post because of an e-mail I got regarding building GT30 boats.
The Kijiji post for the VooDoo molds is gone. But, maybe the molds are still available. These two molds could work very well in building a GT30 boat.

The Mini VooDoo... I was told that one Comp Mini VooDoo was built. It was a Black one and raced in Sport C with a 40 hp Mercury. The boat is still around and near Port Perry. This boat easily ran in the 50's with the 40 hp motor. The new ETEC and Tohatsu/Mercury GT30 motors have shown equal performance to the older 40 Mercury 2 stroke.

The Delta molds would make it possible to build a 12 foot boat. Based on how a 13 footer runs with a T750 motor. A 12 footer should run very well with a GT30 motor.