It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:08 am

Pros and Cons of a 15 ft hydrostream VIPER

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: April 20th, 2016, 9:37 pm   
Team Member

Northbase wrote:
Hydroid wrote:
Here's a fun story with happy ending: http://www.hydrostreamforums.com/viewto ... =44&t=2726

...funny story with a happy ending??......
Is that like a hand job from a clown??

LLLOL,...and I thought my brain was perversely cross wired. Out of respect for this thread, and i admit to have mangled a few, i am not following you down this path. Keereist that's weird, but priceless....omg, im still giggling.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: April 21st, 2016, 6:11 am   
Team Member

15' Viper vs...
I was in a similar situation to when considering a smaller "all round" boat and found this...
A 16' Hydrostream Ventura II, lots of cockpit room, good hull design, can be powered with modest Hp, note the turned down rear chine and notched transom. I'm told the turn down provides lift for heavier motors, makes sense.
The deck design is an acquired taste, you either love it or hate it but that's what Hydrostream did in 77.
I believe Action Marine boats were based off this hull. They stretched it 2' and gave it a more appealing nose. Take that for what it's worth, could be correct or not.
Like you I was going to go with a 90 Hp something but ended up with a 2.0 V6, still small enough to run efficiently, big enough to tow a skier and cheap to maintain.
This one's sitting in storage awaiting minor refinishing and rigging after Murph re-cored the entire floor (typical). But, that's not likely to happen this year as I'm up to my neck in motorcycle racing prep, and we'll be away at least 6 weekends this summer so...
She'll be there when I'm ready.

Profile Send private message