It is currently April 19th, 2024, 3:54 pm

Looking for feedback...performance...49 OMC..small carb etc.

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: August 24th, 2016, 12:55 pm   
Drag Racing Sponsor

I have to agree with Dok. I think it would be counter productive to introduce new engine combos to the class that don't fit the max cc rule unless it was a 30% increase for green engines or something like that as I've seen for AUS rules in similar classes. If the idea is to make real 850 engines like the 49 OMC or the Yamaha compete with the 56ers then give engines over 850cc to 1000cc a weight penalty or give engines under 850cc a weight break. Adding another group and scoring differently helps everyone get a podium finish but isn't going to make for interesting racing.

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 24th, 2016, 2:06 pm   
Team Member

OK, enough said. Forget the idea. I just thought only having 4 boats in each class at Haliburton was disappointing and we needed to build up the boat counts.

PostPosted: August 24th, 2016, 2:26 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
OK, enough said. Forget the idea. I just thought only having 4 boats in each class at Haliburton was disappointing and we needed to build up the boat counts.

Having a 49 running in 750 isn't going to build the boat count...its going to piss the current 750 guys off since they'll be buying new motors so they don't get left behind. My boat ran a completely stock 49 at Erinsville with the exception of 120psi of compression...overweight...and none of the 750 boats where a threat. Jesse was closer than I'd like but it certainly wouldn't be fair if we were in the same class.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: August 24th, 2016, 2:46 pm   
Team Member

[quote="Hounddog"] These boats would run in T850 as a separate group along with the 49 Mercury which is in T750 on probation.

Doc I think you missed a previous post. These boats would run in T850 not T750. T750 is growing and is a great class as is.

PostPosted: August 24th, 2016, 2:52 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Yup I did miss that...lol

PostPosted: August 24th, 2016, 2:55 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

But then isn't just t850?

PostPosted: August 24th, 2016, 3:00 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:

Don, we appreciate your thoughts. I think you initial thoughts and some of the other posts had the engine combination directly in 750, you clarified that in your second last post, it running in 850 would be more appropriate, call it 800

I think you have to ask the guys that aren't racing why they choose not to race, I'm not sure that introducing another motor combination will get them out.

If speed and parts availability is an issue well 750 should satisfy them, lots of two cylinder and three cylinder 750 stuff around.

I think the main reason people don't come out is that they don't feel they will be competitive, well they are probably right if they want to run at the front, 850 is very fast and competitive and well 750 is shaping up that way as well. Can that lake boat become competitive absolutely but they need to show up to the races or spend some time with someone who can help them with set up and driving. All the racers are more then willing to help any and everyone out. I know that I have learned so much from the group from the day I first leaned over dok's shoulder in Waterford as a non-racer to watch him open up his carbs to find water in the fuel bowls to this past weekend watching Jesse stand on the podium.

just my thoughts

PostPosted: August 24th, 2016, 6:15 pm   
Team Member

T class became successful because of the people supporting the class. One very good promotion was the annual T-PARTY where interested people came with their boats to meet with T class racers and even test drive a T boat. The T boat capital is still Six Mile Lake, but we now have many other interested people in other areas. I suggest we have a T-Party next year. I can't get the new people out to a race. Maybe a few would come to a T-Party and that experience would be a step toward actually racing. We need them to have the fun of racing another boat on the oval.

PostPosted: August 24th, 2016, 9:25 pm   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
[ this past weekend watching Jesse stand on the podium.

End on this video shows a great finish for Jesse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ybiD93iz0

PostPosted: August 25th, 2016, 9:44 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
LittleCharger wrote:
[ this past weekend watching Jesse stand on the podium.

End on this video shows a great finish for Jesse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-ybiD93iz0

The kid is FLYING...awesome.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next