It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:07 am

Voodoo resurrection

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 PostPosted: May 10th, 2019, 10:21 am   

craig737 wrote:
Hi Mark! I have a 15" 4 blade trophy that I ran on my VooDoo with a 90s 60hp merc. It worked really good all around. You're welcome to try it and if you like it I'll sell it real cheap....putting a 70 Johnson back on the boat and sold the motor so I don't need the prop anymore. Craig

Thanks for the offer! We have some things were going to try first, ill keep ya posted.

2019 OPBRA Formula Champion

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: May 18th, 2019, 8:52 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

MarkStein wrote:
craig737 wrote:
Hi Mark! I have a 15" 4 blade trophy that I ran on my VooDoo with a 90s 60hp merc. It worked really good all around. You're welcome to try it and if you like it I'll sell it real cheap....putting a 70 Johnson back on the boat and sold the motor so I don't need the prop anymore. Craig

Thanks for the offer! We have some things were going to try first, ill keep ya posted.

Ok...so how fast does it go? I saw the vids on FB but didn't want to bring unwanted attention to the speed. My son saw it and he "wants one" so now I need to know if I can make it slow enough but still get on plane.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: May 18th, 2019, 9:05 pm   

Haha I'm pretty stoked with the first outing. Tach is off so I need to adjust that. Motor is too high for that prop, with the trim pin right down it has zero bow lift. One pin hole up it cavitites. Speaking with Greg tonight he was explaining to me that the engine height would prob be fine with a surface prop like a cleaver etc.
Motor ran like a champ, and still saw 28mph on the gps. Zach docked it like a champ drove it well etc. Were both super happy with the first outing.
I think tomorrow we will drop the motor one inch and raise the pin one, see how it goes!.
This is the fun part for sure!

PostPosted: May 18th, 2019, 9:08 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

MarkStein wrote:
Haha I'm pretty stoked with the first outing. Tach is off so I need to adjust that. Motor is too high for that prop, with the trim pin right down it has zero bow lift. One pin hole up it cavitites. Speaking with Greg tonight he was explaining to me that the engine height would prob be fine with a surface prop like a cleaver etc.
Motor ran like a champ, and still saw 28mph on the gps. Zach docked it like a champ drove it well etc. Were both super happy with the first outing.
I think tomorrow we will drop the motor one inch and raise the pin one, see how it goes!.

That is actually pretty fast for the power. That's great news. He looks pretty happy lol.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: May 18th, 2019, 9:11 pm   

DoktorC wrote:
MarkStein wrote:

That is actually pretty fast for the power. That's great news. He looks pretty happy lol.

Haha ya he sure is! Thanks man and thanks to everyone on here that helped along the way, we appreciate it alot!

PostPosted: May 19th, 2019, 4:49 pm   

https://scontent.fybz2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5D9FA118

https://www.facebook.com/mark.stein.338 ... 55925/?t=8

https://www.facebook.com/mark.stein.338 ... 10925/?t=2

We made a few changes and headed back out today. We lowered the motor 1" and raised the trim pin one hole..bingo 32 mph.
We raised it one more hole and did hit 34 mph but it cavitated a few times. The boat has noticably more bow lift then it did last night.
I still dont think I have the tach setting just right, Zach said it peaked at 4500rpm but it sounded to me to be quite a bit higher. Ill have to fig out the 3 cyl setting.
Our testing ended early when the boat wouldnt start and i noticed the new anti gravity battery had the side blown out of it? Going to test the charging system now as im certain it must have been over charging to do so.
Super happy with Zachs driving, docking and relaying information back to me, he really seems to be a natural.
Man were having so much fun!

PostPosted: July 27th, 2020, 9:39 am   

So after a season and a half essentially with the the little 30 Yamaha we changed Zachs boat over to the T boat set up. Saturday was the maiden voyage and we couldn't be happier. Mike took it for a ride for feedback and felt everything was good, Zach i felt drove very well. Had it up on the pad real nice, got a little trim happy once in a headwind and recovered it real well. Overall now its just seat time.
I have a throttle stop on it now allowing prob 3/4 throttle and Mike recorded 53.8 mph. Boat set nice, behaved coming off the throttle etc.
Need to lend a huge shout out of course to Paul at the Gun, Mike, Greg and a few of you all here that have provided advice. We've sure learned a lot over the last few years, now we just cant wait to get racing!
https://scontent.fybz2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5F430830

PostPosted: July 27th, 2020, 10:55 am   

Mark, that's awesome. You guys must be stoked! Can't wait to see that Voodoo tearing it up on the race course!

1980 Thundercraft v142 Restored

PostPosted: July 29th, 2020, 10:35 am   

mattmak wrote:
Mark, that's awesome. You guys must be stoked! Can't wait to see that Voodoo tearing it up on the race course!

Thanks Matt, looking forward to it!!!

PostPosted: July 29th, 2020, 12:17 pm   

Hey Mark, I'm sure you and Zach are stoked. Let us know how she runs after Zach gets more seat time. Hope races return next year. Peterborugh isn't looking too good right now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next