It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:18 am

muscle cars????????????????????

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 10:44 pm   
Team Member

captain hook wrote:
vette looks sweet.. The bird is just sick. Im thinking 70 cuda 69 camaro maybe a nova or duster?

Get out your cheque book dude. Years back i was on a mission for a '67-'68 Camaro and nobody gives them away, even if they are rusting hulks. How much of a purest are you? Are you looking for an original number matching car or are you OK if someone slammed a 396 into an original puke gold V6 Camaro, painted it hugger orange with racing stripes and tries to pawn it off as an original SS? My personal favorites were the ones that tried to sell me a "Z28" with a 350 in it.....uhm no.

Not that I was a purest looking for number matching - just be aware of what someone says it is as they try to get more $$$ out of you. I hear ya, I would absolutely love a Camaro, maybe one day. Just need to convince wifey it is a good idea to have one and a boat :)

Charger 18 DL, 2.6L Yamaha

Last edited by dubber on April 24th, 2012, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 10:46 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
I'm a bowtie guy myself...there's a '68 427 sitting under the stairs in my shop waiting for the rest of the car to be put together lol.

Yes! Yes! Yes! 8-) 8-)

I know of a '41 Chevy pickup we could drop it in while you pull the rest of the car together ;)

PostPosted: April 24th, 2012, 11:15 pm   
Team Member

dubber wrote:
captain hook wrote:
vette looks sweet.. The bird is just sick. Im thinking 70 cuda 69 camaro maybe a nova or duster?

Get out your cheque book dude. Years back i was on a mission for a '67-'68 Camaro and nobody gives them away, even if they are rusting hulks. How much of a purest are you? Are you looking for an original number matching car or are you OK if someone slammed a 396 into an original puke gold V6 Camaro, painted it hugger orange with racing stripes and tries to pawn it off as an original SS? My personal favorites were the ones that tried to sell me a "Z28" with a 350 in it.....uhm no.

Not that I was a purest looking for number matching - just be aware of what someone says it is as they try to get more $$$ out of you. I hear ya, I would absolutely love a Camaro, maybe one day. Just need to convince wifey it is a good idea to have one and a boat :)

Im not looking for a numbers car too much $$$$$$$$ mainly cause of the barrett jackson fairytales..lol. Just a clean driver, so "tribute" car or something that say was a 318 car but now a 440 is cool. In saying that Ive had alot of cars from chevelles to turbo porsche and a zillon 5.0s to m3's. I just kinda miss having one. But ya Im well aware of the turds out there, but if i had the coin it would be a yenko 69 for me.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 12:00 am   
Team Member

A Yenko - now you're talking!

I agree that Barrett Jackson auctions have made everyone believe their car is worth a fortune. Number matching is for rich guys and collectors, I was just looking for something affordable and fun. Maybe I will get daring one day and do a frame off resto. I will keep a look out for what comes up for sale my way and let you know. I casually look from time to time as dreaming is free :)

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 6:40 am   
Team Member

there's a 68 yenko clone in the build process right now!it's getting my old L88 installed! It will be complete with the dogdish caps that I hate!the 70 duster 340 wedge is still available!

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 8:26 am   
Team Member

Cool. Any pics and more details on the duster?

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 5:08 pm   
Team Member

pm sent

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 5:13 pm   
Team Member

there's a 67 rag camaro at work! that a guy will trade for an ssr+or- cash depending on what it has,but it's gotta be yellow [ I know, but it matchs his other three trucks] guess what colour the camaro is!

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 8:51 pm   
Team Member

I don't get the numbers matching thing. For example Chrysler made tons of Challengers and tons of 440's. It would not effect the driving experience if the numbers didn't match.

My own old road toy is impossible to numbers match. I doubt Lotus made more than two exactly the same, if any. But it's far from muscle.

Last edited by David on April 26th, 2012, 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: April 25th, 2012, 9:03 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

David wrote:
I don't get the numbers matching thing. For example Chrysler made tons of Challengers and tons of 440's. It would not effect the driving experience if the numbers didn't match.

I think more and more people are realizing this. Numbers matching is fine if the numbers add up to something cool lol. I'm a big fan of the restomod, rat rods, and custom stuff. Numbers matching means 14" wheels....not cool lol

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next