View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2013, 6:32 pm   

you were testing props right ???? ;)

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: September 2nd, 2013, 6:34 pm   
Team Member

ditto ditto on the 1 mile from shore thing. I carry 4 - just in case - but - really! For sure thought it was 1 mile from shore.

How did the speeding ticket work? Where you running to fast in a slow zone? Or just too fast in general? I didn't there was speed limits, other than slow zones?

X2 on the question to Ken about his lifeline? did they make you show the certified PFD?

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2013, 7:44 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

They said that they were chasing me all over the lake ... Was at the launch changing props and just shoved off when they were coming right at me. Too fast and too noisy is what they said. They made me drive around them and kept signalling me to go faster :shock:
Tried to be as nice as I could when he said it was too noisy... Told him that they were wrong and noise is a by-law issue not there's then continued to tell them that they would have to stop all construction , whipper snippers, lawn mowers, airplanes... bla bla bla.
Also that there has been bigger money people in Muskoka that have tried to get rid of fast boats, plaines and trains... with out success, Mister Police officer :mrgreen:
All through that time my wife was telling me to shut up! :? She took the N out of FUN that afternoon :(
In the end I have 72 hrs to bring in flares and my boats paper work then he will lose the fine ... Nice :D

Murph now that you have my address and date of birth :shock: , I will be expecting a birthday card next year. Lol
Wouldn't recommend using that licence # :o Not the best of record there :shock:

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2013, 7:51 pm   
Team Member

these guys would make a lot better frigging image with the public if they talked to more boaters and gave warnings! I almost feel that the message on some lakes now is " we dont want you performance boaters around here" they should be checking the family boaters and cruisers, it was a huge shit show up around Orillia this summer, from 40ft plus cruisers, to family boats, people dont have a frigging clue, no courtesy, or common sence. sorry to hear guys, I think you have to be a few miles off shore Ken for the flares, but they would have made up something else . looks like you guys had fun anyway.Ken your Sudbury ass would not last a day in prison :lol:

Steve

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2013, 9:22 pm   
Team Member

Visual Signals
Only required if boat is equipped with a motor

4. One (1) watertight flashlight
OR

Three (3) Canadian-approved flares of Type A (Rocket Parachute), B (Multi-Star) or C (Hand)
Note: Flares are not required for a pleasure craft that:
Is operating on a river, canal or lake in which it can never be more than one (1) nautical mile (1.852 km) from shore; or
Has no sleeping quarters and is engaged in an official competition or in final preparation for an official competition.

I peeled that right off the site, bookmarked on my phone. Looks like there's absolutely no need for flares for us little boaters... I mean, I'm rarely more than a nautical mile off shore, I have no sleeping quarters, and I'm always in final prep for an official competition, right????

PostPosted: September 2nd, 2013, 9:36 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Remember, it says able to be 1 mile offshore not if you choose to go..the competition deal requires a course and a spotter etc.

Also flares are only required in boats 19'8" and longer..

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 12:05 am   

you have 72 hours? :o go to crappy tire grab some flares and show them to the POlice man, im supprised he gave you that option, :lol:

PostPosted: September 3rd, 2013, 8:15 pm   
Team Member

Wow looks like they were clearly just out to get you Ken, at least he gave you the option to come in....

knock on wood, the cops have been good on Muskoka this year, only saw them 3 times and once they passed right beside me in a small cut, I had a boat load including my 9 year old niece, we all had our jackets on and they just waved. though I was gonna get the ringer for sure....

PostPosted: September 4th, 2013, 8:02 am   

SlowBoater wrote:
Wow looks like they were clearly just out to get you Ken, at least he gave you the option to come in....

knock on wood, the cops have been good on Muskoka this year, only saw them 3 times and once they passed right beside me in a small cut, I had a boat load including my 9 year old niece, we all had our jackets on and they just waved. though I was gonna get the ringer for sure....

you thought you were gonna get in trouble for wearing life jackets :?: :lol: ,, iv heard an experienced the opposite , i got a ticket and my boat wasnt even in the water... :lol: :|