It is currently April 25th, 2024, 6:46 am

TWO COULTERS RACING IN T750 this weekend.......Prize money!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: August 24th, 2015, 8:20 pm   
Team Member

tunnelv wrote:
Don, i owe the 416 boat a few showers still from gravenhurst so i hope Paul thanked Jim for that in advance!! :mrgreen:

Well, it turns out to be a very interesting weekend for the toaster! After 3 years of never having any problems, it quit on the ramp on on Saturday so Paul was a DNS. Saturday nite Todd, Thom and I checked for the problem. Simple problem the fuel line was pinched. Solution, one tie wrap, cause just the weight on the fuel line in the boat pulling on the fuel line.
Sunday no problem the toaster fired right up. Paul is the lightest driver to ever drive the toaster. I decided to run a 12 x 20 pitch prop which is 2 inched more pitch than we ever ran before. The highest RPM we ever saw was 6300 turning a 17 pitch. My hope was 6100 with this prop.
Paul had zero time in the boat and had no idea how this toaster ran. I told him the boat throws more water in the turns that any other T boat. Until Sunday, Jeremy was the only driver to experience it when he raced Jim. That is the quote!
HEAT ONE
Paul does not know how fast the toaster will be so he jumps the start a bit to have the lead. The toaster did not disappoint and held the lead for a couple of laps until Thom caught him. For the next few turns, Thom experienced the toaster shower which he commented on after the race. Neither Jeremy nor Jesse caught up to challenge.
HEAT TWO
Paul had a better feel for the boat and wanted to race and put pressure on Jesse. He did just that. The two racing each other lap after lap. Jesse did not just get a shower, he got a complete bath!
Thanks to all the drivers of the toaster this year, Ryley, Jim and Paul. This boat has come a long way since being lapped in its first race.
This is also the first race were every boat ran 55 mph plus.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: August 26th, 2015, 1:26 pm   

:) In 2016 I will have to wear an Oxygen mask to deal with the shower we get trying to pass the Toaster. The Toaster is now cooking.

Profile Send private message