It is currently June 16th, 2024, 3:40 am

green motors for T 750 and T850

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 12:38 am   

DoktorC wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:

its really only double the cost. . how much is a competitive 56er to build all out. i know its not a $700 kijiji special wining races :| :mrgreen:

So it's twice as much to buy a stock 70hp versus an all out 56...now, how much does it cost to build an all out 4stroke? A stock 70 4stroke isn't going to be on the lead lap in 850. If you have to pay someone to build your 56 than it's unlikely you're going to DIY a 16 valve motor lol.

I would LOVE to try it but you'd have a $15k 4stroke that may or may not be competitive.

what im hearing is, it would cost a diy guy twice as much as a guy that has to pay someone to build there motors,.. so imo you diy guys need to pony up or team up for the good of moving the sport into the future. how many people have 4 56ers sitting in there shop :mrgreen:

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 12:47 am   

:|

Last edited by BoomerMuskoka on February 3rd, 2014, 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 12:47 am   

i aint a scared of no stinking litttle valves :lol: merc has 8 zuki has 12 and a dohc

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 9:19 am   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
Don did you see the 60 yamaha as well? Same powerhead but a lighter mid with a small gearcase. That would be the combination you'd need to start with...it's probably just an ecu change to make it a 70...

I need more money lol.

DOC, I did see it there. It was the first one I noticed because of the small gear case. I didn't know it was the same powerhead. Has that model been around a few years? It would look smart on a VooDoo. The ETEC motors of the same horsepower look good, but they have the large gear case. We had one interested fellow that was running a new VooDoo with a 50 ETEC. He said he was running in the 50's. Good T750 boat. He has now switched to a mild 56 OMC short shaft and likely will not race.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 9:46 am   
Team Member

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
moving the sport into the future. how many people have 4 56ers sitting in there shop :mrgreen:

Boomer, here is the answer to your questions:
[1] there are still a lot of 2 strokes out there. The OMC has several block styles and you can still get new short shaft parts.
[2] there are 2 ways to go with engine mods. In T850 many just add a 160 lb compression head on the fishing motor. The result is a VERY LOW COST DEPENDABLE 66 to 69 mph boat. Others do a lot of mods and get a 70 to 74 mph boat. Our boat count is large enough that we can put the different motors in separate heats.
[3] I think the future will set up this way in T class:
There will be 3 different types of T racers.
T750 will see a wide variety of motors including GREEN motors The class will be a 55 to 60 mph class. Heavier racers will see the advantages of running a larger displacement Green motor.
T850 will have 2 groups....Semi stocks which are the 49 OMC, Yamaha 52, mild 56 OMC. and Green motors.
The second group will be the Super stocks which have more mods.

There is a T group for everyone!

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 10:37 am   

Hounddog wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
moving the sport into the future. how many people have 4 56ers sitting in there shop :mrgreen:

Boomer, here is the answer to your questions:
[1] there are still a lot of 2 strokes out there. The OMC has several block styles and you can still get new short shaft parts.
[2] there are 2 ways to go with engine mods. In T850 many just add a 160 lb compression head on the fishing motor. The result is a VERY LOW COST DEPENDABLE 66 to 69 mph boat. Others do a lot of mods and get a 70 to 74 mph boat. Our boat count is large enough that we can put the different motors in separate heats.
[3] I think the future will set up this way in T class:
There will be 3 different types of T racers.
T750 will see a wide variety of motors including GREEN motors The class will be a 55 to 60 mph class. Heavier racers will see the advantages of running a larger displacement Green motor.
T850 will have 2 groups....Semi stocks which are the 49 OMC, Yamaha 52, mild 56 OMC. and Green motors.
The second group will be the Super stocks which have more mods.

There is a T group for everyone!

so we have one class full of modified gas slobbering omcs. im aware of the mod 56er situation what happens when the 56ers run out, when they haven't produced enough ( or stop producing) green RACE motors like the Merc efi 60 formula-race. because no one buys them!! i thought green was the wave of the future. there wont be any race 4strokes ever if no one will create a market for them. i guess im still to young. maybe the next ten years we will see some more 4 stroke tech on the race course.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 10:44 am   
Team Member

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
so we have one class full of modified gas slobbering omcs. im aware of the mod 56er situation what happens when the 56ers run out, when they haven't produced enough ( or stop producing) green RACE motors like the Merc efi 60 formula-race. because no one buys them!! i thought green was the wave of the future. there wont be any race 4strokes ever if no one will create a market for them. i guess im still to young. maybe the next ten years we will see some more 4 stroke tech on the race course.

Just go for it... build whatever turns your crank. The speed range is seems so vast and many boats in T classes that whatever you end up with there will be a T boat to run against. I bet you have more poeple walk up to your engine to check it out than others. And that guy on BRF says he's got his Merc Formula 60 doing 70mph...
http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/s ... 383-My-F4s

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 11:09 am   

Andrew4ce wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:

Just go for it... build whatever turns your crank. The speed range is seems so vast and many boats in T classes that whatever you end up with there will be a T boat to run against. I bet you have more poeple walk up to your engine to check it out than others. And that guy on BRF says he's got his Merc Formula 60 doing 70mph...
http://www.boatracingfacts.com/forums/s ... 383-My-F4s

THANK YOU !! :lol:

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 11:18 am   

i wonder what that boat weighs :? , just one green boat alone might end up being a black sheep stuck in between t-750 and t-850.

PostPosted: February 3rd, 2014, 11:28 am   
Team Member

i agree one day 56er parts will be harder and harder to find, like the gearcases the more rare they get the more $ they are, i think a green motor would be cool to run, if it were competitive, but the cost is to much at this point i think, like Doc said Just buying the engine alone is alot

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next