It is currently May 19th, 2024, 1:10 am

2014 Muskoka Powerboat Races

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 3rd, 2014, 11:53 pm   

It's that time of year again!
The Muskoka Powerboat Races Presented by the Gravenhurst Tim Hortons will be at Gull Lake Park in Gravenhurst June 21-22. We welcome all stock and mod hydroplanes/runabouts, T-boats, ThunderCat (SLT), and drags.

The racing will be from 10am-5pm both Saturday and Sunday with announcing from Brian Sherriff and Bryan Agar. Saturday's awards will be handed out at the dinner/after party at Hunter’s shop (1088 Sedore rd., Gravenhurst).

We will be hosting the second annual John Webster memorial BCH race on Saturday so break out your poppers and throw the lumber under them! Last year we had a full field and some great racing so let’s go for eliminations this year!

Tim Hortons will be on site again with free coffee for the racers and will be taking donations to support the Tim Horton Children’s Foundation.

There will also be on water race demos by the Ontario Watercross Racing Association! This is a new group in Ontario and they are prepping quite the show for us! Check them out at http://www.ontariowatercrossracing.com/

There will be free camping at the Hunter's shop at 1088 Sedore rd. Gravenhurst Friday, Saturday, and even Sunday night if needed. There is a bathroom with a shower on site. First come first serve for the hydro hookups. Nancy Hunter is planning a Talladega Nights inspired dinner on the Saturday for the racers and we will even have a band so don’t miss it! A hat will be going around for donations to pay the fees for the band.

There is also free camping at Greg Keeling’s place. Contact him for details.

We don’t have group pricing for any hotels this year as there are multiple weddings in town, but There is a Howard Johnson in town, as well as The Pinedale Inn, Oakwood Motel, and the Marriott Residence Inn.

Preregister at http://www.torc.ca and see the roll call at http://www.torc.ca/2014-results.html (the 'x' indicates who has preregistered in the given class)
I will try to post all updates here as they happen! Also check out the Facebook racer event page for any updates! https://www.facebook.com/events/577267922393528/?ref_newsfeed_story_type=regular
Feel free to share the public events page to help promote the event https://www.facebook.com/events/649275338494116/

Looking forward to making this event #1 again this year!

A huge thanks goes out to our headlining sponsors
Gravenhurst Tim Hortons
Northland Truck Centre
Archer Barging
North Base Enterprises
James Hunter Equipment
Kubota North

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 4th, 2014, 9:32 am   
Team Member

Will,
On behalf of fellow TORC racers I want to thank you and Hunter Family for excellent and generous work to prepare and promote another fabulous Gravenhurst Muskoka Powerboat Race, and offering Hunter Equipment facilities as hosts for the weekend. I also want to thank Keeling's for opening their home again as gracious hosts, and all of our sponsors for supporting this event. Sounds like it will be another spectacular weekend for racing and fun.

Will, well done as always, I can't wait for this weekend, hopefully Mother Nature will be kind to us.

Cheers,
Erik

PostPosted: June 4th, 2014, 9:34 am   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Will,
On behalf of fellow TORC racers I want to thank you and Hunter Family for excellent and generous work to prepare and promote another fabulous Gravenhurst Muskoka Powerboat Race, and offering Hunter Equipment facilities as hosts for the weekend. I also want to thank Keeling's for opening their home again as gracious hosts, and all of our sponsors for supporting this event. Sounds like it will be another spectacular weekend for racing and fun.

Will, well done as always, I can't wait for this weekend, hopefully Mother Nature will be kind to us.

Cheers,
Erik

Erik always has a way of saying things best so I'm just going to quote him.
Thanks guys

PostPosted: June 5th, 2014, 11:41 am   
Team Member

p man wrote:
Hydroid wrote:
Will,

Cheers,
Erik

Erik always has a way of saying things best so I'm just going to quote him.
Thanks guys

I'm going to quote Pat who's quoted Erik ... :)

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: June 5th, 2014, 10:16 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

I can't effing wait until Gravenhurst!!!

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: June 7th, 2014, 11:05 pm   
Team Member

Quote on quote on quote on quote, there got it, maybe.
Good going!

PostPosted: June 19th, 2014, 8:22 am   
Team Member

For anyone interested... I have a room at the HoJo for Sat night... two Queen beds. $135 taxes in I think it was. Turns out I will not need it and will cancel it tonight unless anyone needs it, I can ask them to switch it.

Andrew

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: June 20th, 2014, 9:19 am   
Team Member

http://www.mykawartha.com/community-sto ... avenhurst/

I believe this is printed in the Bracebridge Examiner paper... if someone could get me a hard copy that's be great.

Andrew

Profile Send private message WWW