It is currently May 20th, 2024, 12:31 pm

Waterford Roll Call

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 PostPosted: May 29th, 2012, 1:58 pm   
Team Member

Andrew and Erik, have you heard if Todd is coming to Waterford? I know that was his plan. The T850 boat count is growing for the event. I don't see many T750's ready and I know both Jim and Dave will not have their T750 boats there. Jim is out 7 weeks with an arm injury and Dave has yet another Aussi football injury.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: May 29th, 2012, 2:02 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
Andrew and Erik, have you heard if Todd is coming to Waterford? I know that was his plan. The T850 boat count is growing for the event. I don't see many T750's ready and I know both Jim and Dave will not have their T750 boats there. Jim is out 7 weeks with an arm injury and Dave has yet another Aussi football injury.

Unfortunately i wont be there,

http://thundercatracingna.com/

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: May 29th, 2012, 2:04 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
I don't see many T750's ready and I know both Jim and Dave will not have their T750 boats there. Jim is out 7 weeks with an arm injury and Dave has yet another Aussi football injury.

Sounds like you are going to have to represent the family name Don!

PostPosted: May 29th, 2012, 2:23 pm   
Team Member

hcdcanada wrote:
Hounddog wrote:

Unfortunately i wont be there,

It is another Todd. he is also a nice guy, but runs a T Boat.

PostPosted: May 29th, 2012, 2:28 pm   
Team Member

Isn't one Todd enough!? LOL. ;)

PostPosted: May 29th, 2012, 2:33 pm   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
Hounddog wrote:
I don't see many T750's ready and I know both Jim and Dave will not have their T750 boats there. Jim is out 7 weeks with an arm injury and Dave has yet another Aussi football injury.

Sounds like you are going to have to represent the family name Don!

Paul, I am worried I will be next!

PostPosted: May 30th, 2012, 7:20 am   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:

Don, Todd B confirmed he's coming up(fr OH), will do WF, GH, DV.

PostPosted: May 30th, 2012, 8:22 am   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Hounddog wrote:

PERFECT!! With the T850 guys we know will be be there already plus a few late shows, this will be a GREAT SHOW!. Many racers think the Waterford course is too short and not a challenge for a T Boat. WRONG!! Waterford is all about the start, boat handling, prop selection and driving skill. Oddly enough there is speed in that course. Ryley set the fastest GPS speed there 2 years ago at 69 to 70 mph. Yet Dave won a heat with a boat that ran 61 to 62 mph on GPS. Reason: Dave basically could run full open the complete course and had both the acceleration and the cornering speed to finally beat Top Gun on the last lap. It is will be up to the driver to decide what prop to run. And YAMAHAS have a real shot at winning at Waterford. I like Cory's chances if he gets a good start. DOC has that new prop and could surprise a few people. Top Gun, The Gig, Little Charger, Zonka, Jake, Dave's Allison, Todd....WOW!!! WHAT A COMPETITIVE FIELD!!!

PostPosted: May 30th, 2012, 8:43 am   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
Hydroid wrote:
Hounddog wrote:

PERFECT!! With the T850 guys we know will be be there already plus a few late shows, this will be a GREAT SHOW!. Many racers think the Waterford course is too short and not a challenge for a T Boat. WRONG!! Waterford is all about the start, boat handling, prop selection and driving skill. Oddly enough there is speed in that course. Ryley set the fastest GPS speed there 2 years ago at 69 to 70 mph. Yet Dave won a heat with a boat that ran 61 to 62 mph on GPS. Reason: Dave basically could run full open the complete course and had both the acceleration and the cornering speed to finally beat Top Gun on the last lap. It is will be up to the driver to decide what prop to run. And YAMAHAS have a real shot at winning at Waterford. I like Cory's chances if he gets a good start. DOC has that new prop and could surprise a few people. Top Gun, The Gig, Little Charger, Zonka, Jake, Dave's Allison, Todd....WOW!!! WHAT A COMPETITIVE FIELD!!!

Personally I think Waterford is a great site, the launching of boats is great from both a Tboat and hydro perspective, camping on site (hotel and restaurants only 15 mins away in Simcoe), other then a lack of spectators like Dunnville and Gravenhurst it's great. As for the length of course there is nothing wrong with it seen some great racing there.

Looking forward to the race!

PostPosted: May 30th, 2012, 8:50 am   
Team Member

I'd race at Waterford several times a year if possible. That place is ideal for racing. It's a drivers course. And the place has all the facilities we need.

You can get crowds there, we've had them before (not like Dunnville or Gravenhurst, but decent). But when the park management changed about 5-10 years ago, they were not interested if people came or not (government run, nothing in it for the workers except more work), and with the club having the perception that they have nothing to gain from attacting people there (wrong), nothing is done to promote the race.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next