It is currently May 20th, 2024, 8:11 pm

2012 Racing Event Dates!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 9:30 am   
Team Member

Andrew4ce wrote:
Just to update. TORC has confirmed live entertainment on site Saturday night at Waterford June 9 at the pavillion.

Does Waterford have camping on site? If so, whats the cost?
Dave.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 9:39 am   
Team Member

WalkWithMax wrote:
Andrew4ce wrote:
Just to update. TORC has confirmed live entertainment on site Saturday night at Waterford June 9 at the pavillion.

Dave.

Yes it does... it is a goverment camp ground/park that lets us take over the place for the weekend... washrooms, food stand, camping, hydro hook up if required, showers too I think.

Cost is regular park fees... I'm not sure on cost, but about $25-$30 a night I think. If you are hotelling instead of camping, there is a day access cost of $8-$10 I think. Day access is per car, not per person.

Many people camp right in the pits on the grassy areas... but you are welcome to book real campsites too.

They permit one car per camping fee I believe.

Here is some park info:
http://haldimand.cioc.ca/record/SIM1305
"Waterford North Conservation Area" is the place.

There is no need to reserve camping unless you want a particular one. Lots of space from past experience.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 10:01 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

WalkWithMax wrote:
Andrew4ce wrote:

Dave.

I think it was $35 for the weekend including the truck. It's actually a nice spot to camp..you can park your boat next to your tent lol. Me, LC and Gig always have a good time....we do tend to talk about boats until the weeeee hours of the morning though :).

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 10:23 am   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
WalkWithMax wrote:
Andrew4ce wrote:

Dave.

I think it was $35 for the weekend including the truck. It's actually a nice spot to camp..you can park your boat next to your tent lol. Me, LC and Gig always have a good time....we do tend to talk about boats until the weeeee hours of the morning though :).

Thanks Guys!
Talking about boats eh? ...That sounds perfect!! :D

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 12:40 pm   
Team Member

Waterford, Conservation Area fees:
Car: $11/day
Camping: $31/night. Car entry fee not included.
If on a tight budget, to save $ if you are coming alone, or have a large tent, you can have 2/3/4 pple stay in the same tent, pro-rate the $31/night camping fee, buy more beer.
A very nice park, TORC takes it over, v nice sandy beach, you can bring a BBQ/hotplate for cooking.

If you want to stay in motel, closest are in Simcoe(15min), ranging from $80(fleabag)-$100(Comfort Inn).
Simcoe has a couple of nice restaurants(Blue Elephant w bar), nice for Fri/Sat dinner.
A great diner 5min down the road for brekky Sat/Sun, with fresh baked goodies.

Wee hours entertainment: illuminated by a flashlight, Dok reads jokes from Merc tech manuals, does puppet shadow tricks, pulls out borescope to offer free proctological exams(wondered why he's the 'Dok'?...and Geiger hangs around him?). Don't ask about honing/re-boring :shock:

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 12:44 pm   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:

Camping has always included 1 car with park access for the day preceding and after sleeping over, this has changed?

PostPosted: April 17th, 2012, 12:50 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hydroid wrote:

Wee hours entertainment: illuminated by a flashlight, Dok reads jokes from Merc tech manuals, does puppet shadow tricks, pulls out borescope to offer free proctological exams(wondered why he's the 'Dok'?...and Geiger hangs around him?). Don't ask about honing/re-boring :shock:

Two guys walked into a boring bar....baaaaaazzzzing!!

You shouldn't make jokes about the "dok" like that...especially after I recovered/revived your pet gerbal....just sayin'

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: April 18th, 2012, 4:31 pm   
Team Member

Andrew4ce wrote:
Hydroid wrote:

Camping has always included 1 car with park access for the day preceding and after sleeping over, this has changed?

A4CE is correct, I called park, $31 includes 1 vehicle, up to 6ppl at one campsite/tent/camper.
I have a 6 man tent,...who wants to go splitsies?

Park Link: http://www.lprca.on.ca/wnca.htm

NB Rules: Quiet Time - No excessive noise at any time or engaging in activities which disturb other registered patrons. Quiet time is 11:00 pm - 8:00 am. Please turn off your radios and refrain from making unnecessary noise. Visiting hours are posted at the gate.
Conduct - Rowdy behaviour, including excessive noise and obscene language will not be tolerated. No abuse of a LPRCA employee or registered patron in a conservation area.
Hunting/Fireworks - Fireworks are not permitted on Authority property. Hunting is permitted in designated areas only.

Hunting aside, park rules may limt extra-curricular activities of the 'Deliverance Hillbilly's' (Dok, LC, Fiber)

PostPosted: April 19th, 2012, 10:08 am   
Team Member

Hydroid wrote:
Andrew4ce wrote:
Hydroid wrote:

A4CE is correct, I called park, $31 includes 1 vehicle, up to 6ppl at one campsite/tent/camper.
I have a 6 man tent,...who wants to go splitsies?

This Could work for us Erik. I'll be in touch(bad choice of words?) ...I mean, I will call you when I figure out who is coming (attending) from my family... :)

I can also bring my 2 room Columbia "Nylon Condo" if any of the other guys want to use it!

PostPosted: April 20th, 2012, 9:11 am   
Team Member

Added to the first post the artist rendering of the medals that will be handed out at 2012 OPRS events for first place. A cool keepsake marking the 60th year of TORC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next