It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 9:07 am

Two more T750 boats will be at Gravenhurst 2016

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 11:50 am   
Team Member

Damn you guys are always thinking ahead. Erik's going to need a new bra for Waterford. DOC we need to get you in weight watchers and get you down to 165 lbs otherwise we cannot break 60 mph with the Yamaha. Now I am down to 2 options. Run the 65 hp Suzuki on the Oasis or run the Mercury 4 stroke . Good thing I retired from work Dec. 31. Now I have more time to work on this stuff. If we don't run first or second at Waterford we will re power the Oasis for Gravenhurst. My OMC looks like a Mercury 44XS with twin water dumps out the back like a 280 V6..Cool! Especially with the SST 60 gear case!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 12:15 pm   

:o OMG; I guess we'll have to go to the Tohatsu 65D European race motor with the 2.0:1 foot. Gots to have dat punch for Water
ford!

PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 1:06 pm   
Team Member

Racers are very competitive and even though this thread has a lot of fun thrash talk. It is serious. The T750 class is a great class to race in. The top boats are running in the 60 mph range. Fast enough to be a challenge yet slow enough to be safe. Plus it is affordable.
If your interested sent me a private message. We hope to have a T Party this spring and you are welcome to join in. T850 is the step up class that uses the same hulls with large engines. T850 boats run in the 70 to 75 mph range.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 1:30 pm   
Team Member

Sounds like the water will be flying....our Russian rotary production racing motor is on a ship and should be here come end of month, they claim 110hp out of the little 750cc motor.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 2:40 pm   

:( Bummer! You must have the earlier version. The one we just received is 120Hp at the prop shaft and is 740cc's. It will bolt directly onto the OMC 45 cid adapter plate. We will only bolt it up if our Tohatsu 65D from Europe does not " git it dun".

PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 2:52 pm   
Team Member

hec2buck wrote:
:( Bummer! You must have the earlier version. The one we just received is 120Hp at the prop shaft and is 740cc's. It will bolt directly onto the OMC 45 cid adapter plate. We will only bolt it up if our Tohatsu 65D from Europe does not " git it dun".

Couldn't afford the extra money for the newer model, figured with 140lbs behind the wheel we'd be ok! :lol:

PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 5:17 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
Damn you guys are always thinking ahead. Erik's going to need a new bra for Waterford. DOC we need to get you in weight watchers and get you down to 165 lbs otherwise we cannot break 60 mph with the Yamaha. Now I am down to 2 options. Run the 65 hp Suzuki on the Oasis or run the Mercury 4 stroke . Good thing I retired from work Dec. 31. Now I have more time to work on this stuff. If we don't run first or second at Waterford we will re power the Oasis for Gravenhurst. My OMC looks like a Mercury 44XS with twin water dumps out the back like a 280 V6..Cool! Especially with the SST 60 gear case!

UGH! Going for a bra fitting soon,....but,...carbon fiber cups, to discourage groping me in the pits.

PostPosted: January 5th, 2016, 5:24 pm   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
Sounds like the water will be flying....our Russian rotary production racing motor is on a ship and should be here come end of month, they claim 110hp out of the little 750cc motor.

How poetic, Wankel wanker.... or is it wanker Wankel. Potato, potatoe.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 8:38 am   
Team Member

UGH! Going for a bra fitting soon,....but,...carbon fiber cups, to discourage groping me in the pits.[/quote]

I bet he finishes 3 rd in the powder puff race at Halibuton but wins the wet T shirt contest only to be DQ'd due to illegal equipment.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2016, 11:56 am   
Team Member

A couple of people have asked me about what a 60DE Yamaha is.
First it only came as an electric start model.
Here is a link:
http://www.boatmad.com/forum/f9/yamaha- ... 24527.html

Here is where I am at with the project:
I have a NOS long block.
It is different to the other motors in porting. SLIGHTLY!!!
And yes the gaskets are different, It has taken a while to get them.
The electrics are all basically the same on all models
That is why I when for the latest version I can buy.
I have the gear case NOS 1:71 gears.
I have the 15 inch mid and clamp brackets.

What I do not have is the steel tuner[s]??
I have no idea what it looks like.
A picture would be nice, if anyone can find one.
My guess?? is it is two separate tuners, one for each cylinder.
Most of this stuff was junked years ago.

Based on my experience with my 70CES yamaha.
And talking to racers that once ran a 60DE
I think this motor is similar in design
The 60DE likely makes 60 hp at the prop shaft at somewhere between 6000 to 6500 rpm.
On a tunnel it will turn 7000.
On a T boat V bottom max would be 6500. It is the gear ratio that holds it back unlike the 2:33 in the OMC.
The real positive...they last forever..so they say!!
That is what I hope. Do it the right way once and leave it alone!
Doing the math. The boat should run about 60 MPH. Right with the top guys in the class. :)

I little history
My first experience it the Yamaha/Mariner was a 55 hp on a Delta for a fellow on 6 mile.
It was a long shaft and we added electric start and factory power trim.
Mike Hooper ran it a few times and was pleased how it performed.
Now I know that power head was not a strong as a 60DE.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next