It is currently April 26th, 2024, 7:12 pm

Erinsville

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: July 18th, 2016, 11:29 pm   

Was good experience, glad I did the drive Parry Sound - Buckhorn - Erinsville. And back again.
Stopped by Kawartha Props on the way, looked like a professional operation. Jamie was working late Friday night polishing props.
Thanks again for the Coulter's hospitality. A really nice evening on Saturday, a big BBQ, an elegant slalom ski demo from the older generation, major fireworks and even a bit of testing.
And Kevin got to try - for better or worse -- a modern motor!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 8:33 am   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
Hounddog wrote:
Damn I thought The Dunnville guys were going in T750 so they could run for points.

Heard they were scared !!!

Well you caught us....after seeing the numbers your new critch is running we got so freaked out that we pulled the Evinrude and are in the process of fitting a "stock" afterburner kit. Thought we would have it done for the weekend, but had a few glitches and burned half the shop down when we lit it up for the first time. Had some issues getting the compression down under 160 too, but I think we got that figured out. Firefighters weren't too happy with us since there is a burn ban in effect for the area, and they charged us with open air burning even though we had a grate over the burner and hotdogs ready to go.

First (and only) test run last night we hit 104mph on the first pass before the front came up and ejected the driver. Once we find the boat (went airborne and launched it about 2km back into the marsh) we are going to add 500lbs to the nose to keep it down and should be ready to go for Haliburton. I would strongly suggest that all of you guys stay at least 150ft back at the start so that when we hit the burner going into turn 1 nobody gets singed.

Sorry it took so long for the update....I just got the bandages off my hands this morning.

T750 Boat #49 - Crew
2013, 2014, 2015 and 2017 High Points Champion

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 9:48 am   
Team Member

Honker wrote:
LittleCharger wrote:
Hounddog wrote:
Damn I thought The Dunnville guys were going in T750 so they could run for points.

Well you caught us....after seeing the numbers your new critch is running we got so freaked out that we pulled the Evinrude and are in the process of fitting a "stock" afterburner kit. Thought we would have it done for the weekend, but had a few glitches and burned half the shop down when we lit it up for the first time. Had some issues getting the compression down under 160 too, but I think we got that figured out. Firefighters weren't too happy with us since there is a burn ban in effect for the area, and they charged us with open air burning even though we had a grate over the burner and hotdogs ready to go.

First (and only) test run last night we hit 104mph on the first pass before the front came up and ejected the driver. Once we find the boat (went airborne and launched it about 2km back into the marsh) we are going to add 500lbs to the nose to keep it down and should be ready to go for Haliburton. I would strongly suggest that all of you guys stay at least 150ft back at the start so that when we hit the burner going into turn 1 nobody gets singed.

Sorry it took so long for the update....I just got the bandages off my hands this morning.

LOL, good yarn; c ya in Hton.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 10:02 pm   
Team Member

Tom Schnull wrote:
Was good experience, glad I did the drive Parry Sound - Buckhorn - Erinsville. And back again.
Stopped by Kawartha Props on the way, looked like a professional operation. Jamie was working late Friday night polishing props.
Thanks again for the Coulter's hospitality. A really nice evening on Saturday, a big BBQ, an elegant slalom ski demo from the older generation, major fireworks and even a bit of testing.
And Kevin got to try - for better or worse -- a modern motor!

The boat looked real good once you get it dialed in it will be strong, it's got the legs.

PostPosted: July 21st, 2016, 10:04 pm   
Team Member

Honker wrote:
LittleCharger wrote:
Hounddog wrote:

Should have brought the little DL my mom would have rode shot gun for the race... She still asks about it ! :lol:

PostPosted: July 22nd, 2016, 10:04 am   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
The boat looked real good once you get it dialed in it will be strong, it's got the legs.

Agree! There is no question that the 4 stroke Mercury has the 60 plus mph to run with or maybe exceed the top T750 boats. Tom likely will need to loose a bit of that top end in order to get the acceleration necessary to run with the top boats. Lap time is more about acceleration than top end. Great to see a modern motor becoming very competitive in its first season!