It is currently March 29th, 2024, 7:47 am

Weather looks good for Gravenhurst Races this weekend

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 26th, 2017, 11:13 am   
Team Member

What a great weekend of racing.

I must say some spectacular driving skills were on full display out on there.

Tom drove the wheels off the his 4 stroke in the second heat Sunday, I think he's been sandbagging in the back! He showed the boys that he could drive, accelerate and run top end with them. Dok and I were in the turn boat cheering him on, tom led the race for basically 4 3/4 laps had a little bobble in the final turn and Jeremy hanging the delta out down the back straight said screw the down trim and carried some great speed into the corner to take tom on the outside and narrowly pulled out the win.

Some great racing in 850

Matt got the Yamaha voodoo out on the course for the first time and it worked really well the boat turns really nice, got a feel for the water and with some more tweaks he'll see more improvements. I know he looking for a lighter boat (even a project ) that he can turn into a full race boat if any body come across one.

Dok won't shut up in the turn boat after the 850 race his driving skills were on full display as he piloted the Yamaha for the win over the OMC's :o. From the shore the full interior of the voodoo was on display never backing out. Jesse had a good first heat against the 850 boys showing that in the right conditions and being up near the front the under powered 750 boats are fast Dok beat him by about a boat length at the finish after battling with him for 4 laps. The Luksep voodoo managed to run the entire race without hooking so I can finally confirm the myth to be a fact Kris is a better driver then his dad :mrgreen: Kris got the first heat win and then had a great battle with Dok in the second heat but Kris must have had engine problems cause Dok beat him :lol:

Great racing and thanks to Jackie and Greg for hosting a number of us T racers for the weekend...good times were had

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 26th, 2017, 11:43 am   

It was good times!
Thanks again to everyone who helped me out! Paul, Erik, Thom, Rick, Don, Tom, Jeremey and his crew, and all the others who were great and encouraging.

1980 Thundercraft v142 Restored

PostPosted: June 27th, 2017, 10:13 am   
Team Member

RACE RESULTS POSTED
http://www.torc.ca/2017-results.html

PostPosted: June 29th, 2017, 8:54 am   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:

Don, You missed some good racing Sunday, You would have been excited to watch the 4 stroke lead!!...

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

PostPosted: June 29th, 2017, 9:00 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

tunnelv wrote:
Hounddog wrote:

Don, You missed some good racing Sunday, You would have been excited to watch the 4 stroke lead!!...

I'm still excited about that lol.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: July 5th, 2017, 11:49 am   
Team Member

tunnelv wrote:
[Don, You missed some good racing Sunday, You would have been excited to watch the 4 stroke lead!!...

That would have made my day for sure. Tom has had some tough times racing that T750 boat. It's difficult to get a read on that boats performance when most of the time Tom is running 4 th at the start. It is great for the class to have a modern 4 stroke running very competitive with the older two stroke motors. Now that Tom knows he can run with you guys he will have more confidence.
Just another note on the races. Did you notice the Tohatsu running in D hydro? Even with open exhaust that motor was quieter than the others and it was electric start.