It is currently March 28th, 2024, 6:32 pm

With The Cold Weather Time to Race on The HARD OVAL!!

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 12th, 2018, 3:58 pm   

Yep that's a nice start. You can find the mikuni carb conversion for the ET 250 on the Totally Yamaha website, type in yamaha enticer 250 mikuni carb conversion. Happy, Happy, Happy.......that's a 77-79 sled. I can tell by the belly pan paint and the back of the clutch on the motor. You can also get rid of the glove box at the front of the seat and make a custom fuel tank to lighten up the sled a bit and shift the weight back a bit, would also allow you to use gravity feed instead of a fuel pump. I haven't tried this setup but it's in the back of my mind. The 292 motor bolts right in there and you use the 250 intake and spin it 180 degrees and then mount the carb so it comes out straight.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 12th, 2018, 5:01 pm   
Team Member

Have a 1987 Polaris Indy 400 long track, reliable starts per -26 a week ago, like a jack rabbit a blast on trails with low CoG, good on fuel & to break bush trail to haul firewood, simple maintenance. Polaris forum folk say not to do any mods as factory set up optimal.
Fun.... and $180 vintage trail pass.

PostPosted: January 12th, 2018, 5:43 pm   

tried to attach a photo but 'board attachment quota reached' :oops: Those ET 250's were good for 65 MPH.....sum bitch!

ISO Barefoot Sanger OB

PostPosted: January 12th, 2018, 6:22 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
LittleCharger wrote:
dandrews wrote:
LOL......you guys are funny, so am I for that matter lol. Yes the Enticer 250, look for a 1980 or 1981, they are black and have orange, red multicolor decals. If the color of the sled has been changed you can tell an 80 and 81 motor from 77-79 motors by the clutch. The 80-81 stock clutch has more body and 4 open deer paws on the cover. These engines are desired for CDI and 30mm taper clutch, use a Polaris P85 and go to a polaris or arctic cat secondary, you lose a lot of HP from the stock clutch system because of frictional losses, the polaris and arctic cat are roller clutches. Do the mikuni carb conversion, I use a mikuni tms 38 flatslide on mine which isn't legal for racing, have to use the round slide. Guys are using a 34mm or 38mm, both work well, the 34 more air velocity the 38 more air and fuel lower velocity. On a 250cc motor 38mm is the max, I used the formula to figure it out. There are several heads that fit on the 250 motor from other motors to increase compression. Now you may also want to look at the very competitive 292 class. Single cylinder fan engine approaching 70HP! Check those outfits out! Videos on youtube, vintage yamaha site good for info. I have a contact in michigan for anyone wanting to know more info about the 292, several engine variations and potential race combinations, Snojet 295 used the same Yamaha motor. Some fun stuff for sure while waiting to get your summer fix! LOL........

I better have a look under that Cole guys hood before we race he might have to give me a half lap head start !

Whatever do you mean??? :mrgreen:

Exactly cheat'n bastard

PostPosted: January 12th, 2018, 6:27 pm   

kah68 wrote:
tried to attach a photo but 'board attachment quota reached' :oops: Those ET 250's were good for 65 MPH.....sum bitch!

Modded out 64-66 mph. Bone stock 40-42 mph on gps.

PostPosted: January 12th, 2018, 9:42 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

kah68 wrote:

You gotta host pics on photobucket or tiny pic. Keeps my costs low lol.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: January 12th, 2018, 9:47 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

dandrews wrote:
Yep that's a nice start. You can find the mikuni carb conversion for the ET 250 on the Totally Yamaha website, type in yamaha enticer 250 mikuni carb conversion. Happy, Happy, Happy.......that's a 77-79 sled. I can tell by the belly pan paint and the back of the clutch on the motor. You can also get rid of the glove box at the front of the seat and make a custom fuel tank to lighten up the sled a bit and shift the weight back a bit, would also allow you to use gravity feed instead of a fuel pump. I haven't tried this setup but it's in the back of my mind. The 292 motor bolts right in there and you use the 250 intake and spin it 180 degrees and then mount the carb so it comes out straight.

This is probably as far as I'm going to go mod wise...and the mikuni mod was for reliability more than anything. If I had the tapered crank I'd put a modern clutch on it but no dice. It's a lot of fun to run around chasing Henry on his snowscoot.

PostPosted: January 15th, 2018, 12:19 am   

The most fun I’ve ever had on a sled, like a dirt bike in the snow. Check out the crazy Larry Enticer videos on youtube. Those enticers will sure take a beatdown! Great for riding in the deep snow and drifts! Can really catch some big air off the drifts!

PostPosted: January 20th, 2018, 9:22 am   

Here’s another sled to consider, a exciter 340 or 440 with a 250 or 292 motor in it. Reason being 6 inches longer than the 250 enticer chassis, all aluminum, has a jackshaft with separate disk brake and chaincase. On the 250 the brake and chaincase are together, the brake disc is riveted on the secondary clutch. There is no way to go to another secondary clutch without major mods. You can build an exciter chassis with the 250 or 292 in it with the polaris P85 primary and secondary clutch and it will weight about 270 lbs. A stock 250 weighs 308 lbs and a 440 exciter weighs 320. The aluminum chassis makes a huge difference. Some guys also use the srx chassis but good luck finding one cheap, they are wider than the exciter but all aluminum also.

PostPosted: January 28th, 2018, 11:54 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Added 10hp tonight...