It is currently May 23rd, 2024, 12:00 am

snowmobile pistons

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: December 17th, 2013, 11:04 pm   

DoktorC wrote:
Hydroid wrote:
Boomer, Craig Fraser has built many, many sled engines; for years he factory raced in the US.
Let me know if you want his #, lives at 6ML, Crooked Bay Rd.

If you're factory sponsored you tend to use factory parts...because you have a budget...at least we did. If we didn't have the budget we would have been running aftermarket cast pistons. The wisecos in a nic motor would worry me since you can't adjust the clearances for the forged slug.

FWIW Jordan's 700 viper made close to 190hp and turned 10k and never once had a motor issue...but we had Yamaha's parts room to play with so I put pistons in it At the beginning of each season.

Info about pistons has been duly noted ........ you would think wiseco would forge there pistons .002 smaller, i dont think your going to meet a steel sleeve 99-03 xcr lol

when did jordan race? what years? csra?

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: December 18th, 2013, 1:17 am   
HPBC PRESIDENT

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
Hydroid wrote:
Boomer, Craig Fraser has built many, many sled engines; for years he factory raced in the US.

If you're factory sponsored you tend to use factory parts...because you have a budget...at least we did. If we didn't have the budget we would have been running aftermarket cast pistons. The wisecos in a nic motor would worry me since you can't adjust the clearances for the forged slug.

FWIW Jordan's 700 viper made close to 190hp and turned 10k and never once had a motor issue...but we had Yamaha's parts room to play with so I put pistons in it At the beginning of each season.

Info about pistons has been duly noted ........ you would think wiseco would forge there pistons .002 smaller, i dont think your going to meet a steel sleeve 99-03 xcr lol

I don't remember exactly when he started 98-09 I think. NOT snowcross lol...COSDRA - drag racing. We were a factory Team for most of it...and he was fast as eff. I was just the sled cleaner...

As far as Wiseco's go in a sled I still don't see the need....especially on the trail.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: December 18th, 2013, 9:56 am   

DoktorC wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
Hydroid wrote:

I don't remember exactly when he started 98-09 I think. NOT snowcross lol...COSDRA - drag racing. We were a factory Team for most of it...and he was fast as eff. I was just the sled cleaner...

As far as Wiseco's go in a sled I still don't see the need....especially on the trail.
what about a lake a few times a year :lol: , f7 is for the trails. ;)

i was curious about jordan because my my old neighbor Mike Morrow was sponsored by Yamaha to race CSRA, he had a 3 year contract but only raced 2 years , then went back to cat, in 01. in 02 i watched him win pro open on a stock sled in Quebec, , , i think 99 -00 he was riding for Yamaha, he didnt do that well for them, he did manage to race the X games, on a Yamaha, That was ballin' :lol:

PostPosted: December 18th, 2013, 10:22 am   

http://espn.go.com/extreme/winterx00/s/ ... s0204.html he placed 21st

PostPosted: December 18th, 2013, 4:29 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
http://espn.go.com/extreme/winterx00/s/snocross0204.html he placed 21st

One of the first sleds that got Jordan into racing was Mike's backup sx600r...he got it when Mike went to cat I think. I was at school back then so I'm not 100% on my facts....but I do know that it came with 25 stitched on the seat and Jordan has been #25 ever since lol. Small world.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: December 18th, 2013, 5:05 pm   
Team Member

F7 - stick with OEM. As close to bullet proof as you will find for sled motors.

Previous Rides - Vking, ProComp, Euro, RiverRocket, Grandsport

PostPosted: December 19th, 2013, 9:44 am   

In my experience SPI/SPX will work just fine for your everyday sleds even performance ones, and will live up to mild mods. Wicecos usually get there bad name because either the old time home mechanic or the your old school machinist think they're smarter than the engineers that designed them, and don't give the proper clearances (approx double of a cast).

PostPosted: December 19th, 2013, 3:44 pm   

DoktorC wrote:
BoomerMuskoka wrote:
http://espn.go.com/extreme/winterx00/s/snocross0204.html he placed 21st

One of the first sleds that got Jordan into racing was Mike's backup sx600r...he got it when Mike went to cat I think. I was at school back then so I'm not 100% on my facts....but I do know that it came with 25 stitched on the seat and Jordan has been #25 ever since lol. Small world.

that was one of mikes old sleds for sure.. did it come with sno pro bars? lol he always rode cat but switched to yami for a couple years, they were the only factory that would sponsor him, i remember the rear shock in his mod looked like it belonged in a car it was huge :lol: those were some potent yammies

PostPosted: December 19th, 2013, 3:54 pm   

Blizz wrote:
In my experience SPI/SPX will work just fine for your everyday sleds even performance ones, and will live up to mild mods. Wicecos usually get there bad name because either the old time home mechanic or the your old school machinist think they're smarter than the engineers that designed them, and don't give the proper clearances (approx double of a cast).

you cant adjust clearence in a nikasil bore :? does wiseco compensate for that??

they better be good oem @$200 each piston. lol im going oem in the f7 if i need to replace the pistons, and maby seiseco in the xcr, iv read they wake the xcr up and make a noticeable differenct in throttle responce , so i might give them a go. . im not going to ride this sled often only when someone with a newer 800 needs to shut up and get beat by a 99. xc chassis. :lol: the f7 will be my daily driver. its in pretty good shape i have it stripped now waiting for a couple more parts then it can go back together .. im looking for a new/used Y-pipe for it preferably D&D. and a single light pipe.

PostPosted: December 19th, 2013, 4:00 pm   
Team Member

Boomer, have you ran both sleds? i would not be suprised if the cat was faster than the polaris

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next