It is currently May 9th, 2024, 2:51 am

Muskoka Radiator Test and Tune

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 25th, 2012, 8:29 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Take the day off or call in sick 'cause we're running T's on Maple Lake again. Since I'm a marina rat and have to work weekends we're doing it on Wed or Thurs of this coming week (may 31??)...depending on the weather.

Anyone is welcome....it's me and Littlecharger for sure....bagman is a maybe...Gig needs to man up and actually show in time to run...Anyone else around to run???

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: May 27th, 2012, 7:33 pm   
Team Member

Very tempting guys!! ... not so easy to take a day though :( ... Have fun and get some video!!
See you at Waterford!!

PostPosted: May 31st, 2012, 9:51 pm   
Team Member

Well had a great day (sort of :lol: ) at the Muskoka Radiator Test and Tune.

Ole Blue fought to the bitter end on the Maple lake oval but had to follow the Yamaha all the way to the ramp in shame as we took out the middle piston.

Guess I'm going to be busy this weekend putting on another powerhead for Waterford, it's not the best powerhead but it will at least get me on the course.

Great day thanks to Paul and Gig for letting me borrow all their props! It's pretty cool running them back to back and seeing how each one does something better and worse then others.

So Rick you can post your latest tow boat pic! :lol: Thanks for the tow.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 1:16 pm   
Team Member

Crap LC!!! Sorry to hear! Glad you have another PH to run! ... how does it perform with the extra power??

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 3:35 pm   
Team Member

WalkWithMax wrote:
Crap LC!!! Sorry to hear! Glad you have another PH to run! ... how does it perform with the extra power??

The T Boat rumour mill, which is usually accurate says the boat was fast, however, the DOC was quick. What's the difference?
Fast is straightline top end. Quick takes into account the cornering speed and acceleration out of the turn.
At Waterford you need to be quick especially thru the dog leg, and in the short cutes. You can be fast on the first cute to turn one and if you nail the start, you have a chance. History of T's at Waterford tells us the water really gets rough after lap two and it is a 5 lap heat. Fast boats lose their speed advantage and the quick boats take over.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 4:57 pm   
Team Member

The boat worked well with the power... acceleration is a hoot compared to the 60.

Don is bang on, lots of close racing..Dok is a great driver and we are in alot of trouble when he starts to extract the power out of the yamaha and it is coming folks! :o.

Got the other powerhead on this morning and did a little run time in the neighbour's pond on the trailer.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 7:17 pm   
Team Member

Great to hear its back in action! ... It seems there's always something to do on a race boat!! ... I figured out this morning I need new trailer bearings... I also have some vinyl coated steering line and new pulleys coming, but I likely won't have time to get it done before Waterford...

As for Quick vs Fast, I might be neither! :D .... we will soon find out!

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 10:06 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

LittleCharger wrote:
The boat worked well with the power... acceleration is a hoot compared to the 60.

Don is bang on, lots of close racing..Dok is a great driver and we are in alot of trouble when he starts to extract the power out of the yamaha and it is coming folks! :o.

Got the other powerhead on this morning and did a little run time in the neighbour's pond on the trailer.

LC was sandbaggin' lol

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 10:26 pm   
Team Member

Quote: Dok is a great driver and we are in alot of trouble when he starts to extract the power out of the yamaha and it is coming folks

Just a helpful hint about putting the squeeze into a 70 Yamaha. They are one motor that does require larger jets when you squeeze them, especially with a 70CES style head. That is the reason for the 90 carbs many guys put on. Now if you want to make it crisp put the bigger jets in the original smaller carbs and bump the timing up 2 degrees. Bigger jets will save you a few burned pistons.

PostPosted: June 2nd, 2012, 11:29 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Hounddog wrote:
Quote: Dok is a great driver and we are in alot of trouble when he starts to extract the power out of the yamaha and it is coming folks

Just a helpful hint about putting the squeeze into a 70 Yamaha. They are one motor that does require larger jets when you squeeze them, especially with a 70CES style head. That is the reason for the 90 carbs many guys put on. Now if you want to make it crisp put the bigger jets in the original smaller carbs and bump the timing up 2 degrees. Bigger jets will save you a few burned pistons.

I'm a big believer in the fact that fuel makes power...I find it strange that there would be engines that don't need jetted up when you add compression (unless they are jetted real fat in the first place).

It was awesome to get behind the wheel of the voodoo again...I was grinning the whole time. Thanks again LC for making the trip up...it's always more interesting when there's someone else to race. The Delta could pull me on the straight...and I really think it could pull me out of the corners too once LC gets adjusted to the new power. This was a great warm up for Waterford!