It is currently March 29th, 2024, 11:51 am

T-750 wingplates

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: May 20th, 2017, 12:56 pm   
Team Member

Does anyone have any already made up for the OMC 2 cylinder 60 hp?

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: May 24th, 2017, 7:24 am   
Team Member

The only other set I now about were on a Six Mile Critchfield, he has changed motors and was selling the 60 twin with the steering arms.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3397

You can also check with Jake if you need to loan a pair. I know Thom replaced his with a set he got from Kevi.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2017, 10:11 am   

The 60 will be going on my brothers voodoo.. Not sure if we will be switching the voodoo to cable steering. If we decide we won't be using them i will let you know.

PostPosted: May 24th, 2017, 10:30 am   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
The only other set I now about were on a Six Mile Critchfield, he has changed motors and was selling the 60 twin with the steering arms.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=3397

You can also check with Jake if you need to loan a pair. I know Thom replaced his with a set he got from Kevi.

Thanks Don,

LC has a loaner set if need be too, I have been in contact with local machine shops to make a copy of the one i need, but they seem busy, i am still waiting on one quote and time frame
And Kevi is looking to see if he has a pair.he is booked up too.
I need ones with a bend for the delta, so much for getting some seat time before Waterford! my own fault had all winter to notice!

#49 Triple C Racing
T750 Delta/ omc

PostPosted: May 24th, 2017, 10:53 am   

I have a used set of wingplates for the OMC T-750 45 cid motor. They do have an upward bend.
The holes out at the ends for the pulleys are 1/2" diameter, so you might need to use bushings to get hole size you require or weld holes up and re-drill. In a pinch, just drill new holes adjacent to the 1/2" holes.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2017, 11:30 am   
Team Member

Hydro98 wrote:
The 60 will be going on my brothers voodoo.. Not sure if we will be switching the voodoo to cable steering. If we decide we won't be using them i will let you know.

By chance is your brothers VooDoo the white and red race boat with the cut down transom? If so it will be interesting to compare its performance to your Critchfield when you ran the same motor. Erik ran a 2 cylinder on a heavy VooDoo and it ran low 50'S. There are several production model VooDoos running twins as well and they're running in the 45 mph range. I suggest you run 4 inches of setback on the VooDoo and run both the battery and gas tank as far back as you can.

PostPosted: May 26th, 2017, 4:39 pm   

No it isn't. I have a blue voodoo Rusty's old boat with a 4 cylinder mercury 40 hp. It should be interesting still to test the difference the boat is quite fast for a 40 it hit 50 mph with a prop we tried. We have a jack plate on the boat already I can't remember how many inches.. we are going to put power trim on the 60. Since you brought it up I'm curious to see the performance difference from my critchfield is.