It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 6:24 pm

wing plates...

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: January 24th, 2014, 1:42 pm   
Team Member

no idea if this is good or bad price... but I don't see these often.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sst-60-Ss60-Joh ... 34&vxp=mtr

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: January 25th, 2014, 7:24 am   
Team Member

I make them new for that price in canadian$ guys!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 26th, 2014, 12:37 pm   
Team Member

Rowboat wrote:
I make them new for that price in canadian$ guys!

I need to get wing plates made for my 48 hp Mariner. I have the mid in Toronto now. Let me know where to drop it off.
That motor is going on Jim's 911 boat. Simple motor switch from 70 CES to the 48 hp. The 48 model uses exactly the same clamp bracket, same gear case, the mid is exactly the same length, it even has the same electric plug. I only need to turn the tach setting to two cylinder. We ran a 55 hp Mariner on a Six Mile Lake Delta a few years ago. It really slowed down with a heavier driver. Jim's likely too heavy, Dave M. may need to get back in T750 and drive this boat.

I haven't decided 100% what to do with the 50 hp Mercury, For this year I think I will just run dual or single ride guide. IF? the other Mercury guys order steering wings then I will get a set as well. This is going to be an extra boat in T750. There are several people with children and or girl friends racing in T750. Todd, Thom, Paul or Jake are welcome to run this boat.
thanks
Don

PostPosted: January 26th, 2014, 3:04 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
We ran a 55 hp Mariner on a Six Mile Lake Delta a few years ago. It really slowed down with a heavier driver. Jim's likely too heavy, Dave M. may need to get back in T750 and drive this boat.

I could certainly be convinced Don, but Team Hydromotive has first dibbs on this jockey! 8-)

PostPosted: January 26th, 2014, 6:24 pm   
Team Member

If I run the old style Mariner cowl, paint and decal it like an OMC that should help you decide. I may have to use the Rapid Craft Mercury rig as bait. Todd would really enjoy racing and teaching his son during an actual race. I have a yamaha 55 hp cowl and pan so I could do it up as a yamaha. But then I have the same weight problem if DOC drives as I do with Jim. DOC has admitted to not walking away from cheeseburgers. The boat is too slow for Mike Cory.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2014, 8:13 pm   
Team Member

Hounddog wrote:
If I run the old style Mariner cowl, paint and decal it like an OMC that should help you decide. I may have to use the Rapid Craft Mercury rig as bait. Todd would really enjoy racing and teaching his son during an actual race. I have a yamaha 55 hp cowl and pan so I could do it up as a yamaha. But then I have the same weight problem if DOC drives as I do with Jim. DOC has admitted to not walking away from cheeseburgers. The boat is too slow for Mike Cory.

Let's get some fresh blood in the boat....perhaps the fastest green v bottom 4 seater side steer lake boat guy on the planet Kenny can pilot if weight is an issue....or the humble guy with the fastest voodoo Pat....or the chief prop guy for triple c racing Jason, I'm sure he'd be happy to lay a beating on his cousin.

You bring the boat lots of driver options.

PostPosted: January 26th, 2014, 9:30 pm   
Team Member

LittleCharger wrote:
Hounddog wrote:
Let's get some fresh blood in the boat....perhaps the fastest green v bottom 4 seater side steer lake boat guy on the planet Kenny can pilot if weight is an issue....or the humble guy with the fastest voodoo Pat....or the chief prop guy for triple c racing Jason, I'm sure he'd be happy to lay a beating on his cousin.You bring the boat lots of driver options.

I totally agree. Bring the boat to Waterford. There will be no issue getting a fresh driver to run it! ... Don't get me wrong though, I would be more than happy to run it for a few laps! :P

PostPosted: January 26th, 2014, 9:45 pm   
Team Member

WalkWithMax wrote:
LittleCharger wrote:
Hounddog wrote:
Let's get some fresh blood in the boat....perhaps the fastest green v bottom 4 seater side steer lake boat guy on the planet Kenny can pilot if weight is an issue....or the humble guy with the fastest voodoo Pat....or the chief prop guy for triple c racing Jason, I'm sure he'd be happy to lay a beating on his cousin.You bring the boat lots of driver options.

I totally agree. Bring the boat to Waterford. There will be no issue getting a fresh driver to run it! ... Don't get me wrong though, I would be more than happy to run it for a few laps! :P

Your experienced fresh blood, need to get your addition going again...you need a Tboat :mrgreen:

PostPosted: January 26th, 2014, 10:27 pm   
Team Member

If letting a new bee race a T750 in a heat gets them interested enough to want to race T class, I am all for it! I would like to have 2 of the boats there [ Waterford]on the Friday. First to see how they perform and try a few props and second let some others try driving them. I've promised Andrew for years he could drive a T750 boat and I want to full fill that commitment. Rumor has it that Pat is running T850 next year and that Ryley is back in T850 as well.

PostPosted: January 27th, 2014, 10:56 am   

i still think my baja will be to heavy for T. i want to try to get it ready with some kind of power for a t party, it might not work so well. i would love too drive a couple laps in Gravenhurst ;) dont know if ill be ready this year. again. :(

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph