It is currently June 6th, 2024, 9:37 pm

2015 Gravenhurst

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 PostPosted: June 28th, 2015, 11:20 pm   

Northbase wrote:
FluKy15 wrote:
Congrats to all the winners!

When is Haliburton? If it isn't on the 15th of August I can be there for formula class. So long as my boat doesn't run into any more problems :lol:

August 21/22/23.
No excuses!!
Whatever issues you face, the solutions are here. Parts, rigging, setup, testing......
We can help you.

Ok done deal!

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 29th, 2015, 8:38 pm   
Team Member

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
i cant wait to race Ted again :D my boat had a few hickups i almost didnt make a second run because my bendix on my starter was sticking.. it came around tho and i was able to put it on the trailer in 2 passes :lol: last night i swapped out my starter and made a couple small changes to my setup i was anxious to test this morning unfortunately the rain only got worse and the races were canceled..

See you all in haliburton :D

Let's hope that in Haliburton you actually abide by the weight rules. . . . no children's tantrum at the dock about it being your first time and shouldn't have to weigh that much. Remember to bring 55lbs with you on top of whatever fuel is in your tank. :)
(1550lbs with driver was posted and agreed upon on this website and mentioned many times)

Now that aside you're right there man and it will be a fun Haliburton weekend for you all.

Really happy for BMax as he has always been there and this year's boat is quicker than years past. Great work man :)

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: June 29th, 2015, 8:48 pm   
Team Member

Did ya get your truck fixed Jeff????

PostPosted: June 29th, 2015, 8:52 pm   
Team Member

idvette wrote:
Did ya get your truck fixed Jeff????

Yep. A huge thanks to Greg for his shop and tools. Made the work go as good as can be. Not that Saturday evening I was hoping for but .... :)

PostPosted: June 29th, 2015, 8:58 pm   
Team Member

Yeah you couldn't have asked for a better place to break down!

PostPosted: June 29th, 2015, 10:52 pm   

my boat weighed 1560 if you really cared about my weight you would of weighed my boat after it came out of the water.. it's up too me to make my boat weigh 1550 when i come out of the water..

its your job to check to make sure my boat makes weight out of the water.. you failed to do that not my problem and no one cares anyway i got beat twice in a row. :lol:

im not adding weight..i made weight.........

if any racer has a problem with that the speak up...

the only person having hissy fits about trivial things is you jeff!!

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

Last edited by BoomerMuskoka on July 5th, 2015, 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2015, 11:18 pm   
Team Member

I agree, and I'm going to speak up here as this applies to me as well. I was by rights, 500lbs underweight and I in no frame of mind was blowing the competition away. There is a time for rules and there is a time for just getting people to participate. There were 6 boats at gravenhurst for lake racer. 6. It was very cool to see the boats all weighed and to know what weights everybody is running but there has to be some leeway here.

I agree with boomer, he was 2 to the trailer. Even in my case being 500 lbs underweight, I still lost to Dean by damn near 3 boat lengths, but managed to be beat Rick by 1 boat length. This is turning into the same discussion as last year about all the weight issues and clearly, even as seen in my case weight does not matter.

Sure if we had 15 boats coming out to the races, make a weight rule. Make a compression rule. But we don't, we have 6 boats, and possibly not many more for Halliburton. Let's stick with what works. I would have to say all the boats were all very competitive with each other so why change that. Just my .02. My boat caused problems before it even hit the water and the end was result was a third place finish - probably 4th if Ted was able to run the rest of the heats and IMO that doesn't mean I should have to add weight, if anything I would need to do something to make myself more competitive. Boomer included, he was 2 to the trailer, does that not mean he should be able to make his boat more competitive too rather than try to slow him down?

PostPosted: June 29th, 2015, 11:26 pm   
Team Member

It's not a fit.
It's a rule.
It's the standard that all boats are weighed empty.
Why is it that you feel like you do not need to weigh the same as others or why is it that no one else complained about the rule or the procedure.
The procedure was set months ago.

We have all worked hard to get to this point and there's no need to step in at this stage and think you can be different than any other racer that's raced for years or their first time.

There is no place for your comments and rules are rules and that is that.

You being competitive has to do with weight. You must be competitive at the set weight like all other Lake Racer boats.

This shouldn't be an issue and you insisting on removing the 30lbs from your boat is about principal and not the actual weight. You are not a special case and have known of the few simple rules we have and you can either respect those simple or choose not to race. That is up to you

I really hope to see you race at Haliburton and I hope you can accept that this group is doing its best to move forward and rules are there for genuine reasons.
You really are missing the point and the hard work that has gone in to this to get to where it is now.

The other boat that was questioned was the 15' Allison. It was meant to be an experiment to the class. It is not a normal Lake Racer boat and should weigh the same as the others as they have worked hard to get to where they are.

If these simple rules aren't followed or respected then there should be no rules .....

PostPosted: June 29th, 2015, 11:28 pm   
Team Member

talonkid wrote:
I agree, and I'm going to speak up here as this applies to me as well. I was by rights, 500lbs underweight and I in no frame of mind was blowing the competition away. There is a time for rules and there is a time for just getting people to participate. There were 6 boats at gravenhurst for lake racer. 6. It was very cool to see the boats all weighed and to know what weights everybody is running but there has to be some leeway here.

I agree with boomer, he was 2 to the trailer. Even in my case being 500 lbs underweight, I still lost to Dean by damn near 3 boat lengths, but managed to be beat Rick by 1 boat length. This is turning into the same discussion as last year about all the weight issues and clearly, even as seen in my case weight does not matter.

Sure if we had 15 boats coming out to the races, make a weight rule. Make a compression rule. But we don't, we have 6 boats, and possibly not many more for Halliburton. Let's stick with what works. I would have to say all the boats were all very competitive with each other so why change that. Just my .02. My boat caused problems before it even hit the water and the end was result was a third place finish - probably 4th if Ted was able to run the rest of the heats and IMO that doesn't mean I should have to add weight, if anything I would need to do something to make myself more competitive. Boomer included, he was 2 to the trailer, does that not mean he should be able to make his boat more competitive too rather than try to slow him down?

If you had a good tune up for your boat you'd be four or more boat lengths ahead of where you were.

You're missing the point here.

PostPosted: June 29th, 2015, 11:43 pm   
Team Member

Saying the weight doesn't matter is basically saying that all the work put in by the people involved doesn't matter.
Greg buying a scale.
Dean busting his ass to get his boat down to the weight.
Kenny paying to race all the time every time.
Ted adding 160lbs.
Rick adding weight as a first time racer.
And the others that put time into this the past many years ....
Without these rules we would have a free for all and then why bother paying ?
ODBA and DSRA started somewhere and it was with a set of rules with great volunteers. This is nothing new and it's the evolution of racing. . .

I hope people see the good in this and the reasons for it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next