It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 9:11 am

FORMULA boats

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 6:37 pm   
Team Member

AGE REQUIREMENT: 16

Hulls.
Boat must be a typical standard boat, bass boat or any other non-competition built boat with complete interior installed.

Motors
No nitrous
No internal engine modification what so ever allowed.
Factory rated 225 hp max.
NO FACTORY MADE HIGH PERFORMANCE BLOCKS / MOTORS ALLOWED
Rev limiters may be removed except Mercury 225 ProMax must retain factory rev. limiter
145psi cranking compression max.
Oil injection may be removed
Minimum 15” midsection
Gear case must be shiftable from drivers seat. Nose cones allowed
Pump gasoline only

Class rules may change at any time to allow for equality and growth

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 6:40 pm   
Team Member

I don't see any ruling on jackplates at all. I did, however, overlook the "full interior installed". I'm thinking about doing seating bulkheads instead of a floor, and centre steer. Would that bump me up a class? I'm early enough to make changes lol

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 6:45 pm   
Team Member

1 I Bandit wrote:
Hey Guys
Just reading the rules for the drag boats just to confirm my Charger STV with the stock 200 on it would fit the Formula class? The Summerford Pro Comp with the 260 on it would fit the Lake Racer class?

You are correct and would be great to have you run with us.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 6:51 pm   
Team Member

idvette wrote:
I don't see any ruling on jackplates at all. I did, however, overlook the "full interior installed". I'm thinking about doing seating bulkheads instead of a floor, and centre steer. Would that bump me up a class? I'm early enough to make changes lol

As far as the boat itself goes we would have to see what is actually done to it or removed from it for that matter. I wouldn't want to see someone show up with a 225PM and a stripped down boat with a seat shell and a steering wheel.

The class was intended for the average lake boat that makes a few passes at the cottage , maybe tows a skier once in a while , the kind of boat 90% actually have or know of on any given lake.

That being said the class needs boats ( even a single pass down the course has yet to be made by a FORMULA boat ) and as always we are willing to work with the rules we have and do what we can to help the class grow while keeping as much of an equal playing field for all.

Great conversation this far. Let's try and make this class work.

Thank you
Jeff

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 7:33 pm   

Jeff Yammer wrote:
1 I Bandit wrote:
Hey Guys
Just reading the rules for the drag boats just to confirm my Charger STV with the stock 200 on it would fit the Formula class? The Summerford Pro Comp with the 260 on it would fit the Lake Racer class?

Hi Jeff Yammer
I know I can't make Waterford but being the cottage is in Muskoka I could do Gravenhurst and probably make Dunnville just need to figue out how to tow two boats I don't think two wide will work and not sure about a B train lol. I would need to get the prpoper safety gear and training that is required if you could point me in the right direction with this stuff that would be a big help.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 7:44 pm   

idvette wrote:

you can still do what you wanted to your boat but will need two front seats one behind the driver. i cant commit untill the day before but i am working on a few boats . if i have something ready :oops: im in for gravenhurst . i will volunteer my efforts to help get idvettes vision and 1eyebandits stvs ready also.

19' tempest picklefork 84 mod vpcarb 102mph

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 8:01 pm   
Team Member

1 I Bandit wrote:

Hi Jeff Yammer
I know I can't make Waterford but being the cottage is in Muskoka I could do Gravenhurst and probably make Dunnville just need to figue out how to tow two boats I don't think two wide will work and not sure about a B train lol. I would need to get the prpoper safety gear and training that is required if you could point me in the right direction with this stuff that would be a big help.

Pop down for testing at my place.
We'll be doing at least 1 test session before the Gravenhurst race and a couple more before Dunnville.
We can get you setup to be safety & tech compliant.
I've got props for you to test with as well.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 8:30 pm   
Team Member

1 I Bandit wrote:
Jeff Yammer wrote:
1 I Bandit wrote:
Hey Guys

Hi Jeff Yammer

Be very glad to help in any way you need. Feel free to PM me and we can go from there.

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 8:46 pm   

BoomerMuskoka wrote:
idvette wrote:

you can still do what you wanted to your boat but will need two front seats one behind the driver. i cant commit untill the day before but i am working on a few boats . if i have something ready :oops: im in for gravenhurst . i will volunteer my efforts to help get idvettes vision and 1eyebandits stvs ready also.

Thanks Boomer if I do anything to help you with your boats please let me know and Idvette you too :)
Did you get your prop Boomer that looked like a great drag prop!

PostPosted: April 15th, 2014, 8:51 pm   

Northbase wrote:
1 I Bandit wrote:

Hi Jeff Yammer

Pop down for testing at my place.
We'll be doing at least 1 test session before the Gravenhurst race and a couple more before Dunnville.
We can get you setup to be safety & tech compliant.
I've got props for you to test with as well.

Thank You Northbase I try and get up as much as I can please let me know when and where the help is greatly appreciated :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next