It is currently May 3rd, 2024, 12:29 am

FORMULA boats

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: June 26th, 2014, 11:50 pm   

Okay, so I've got this friend who doesn't post very often. Bit of a rube, really. Anyway, he's trying to post a couple pictures from Gravenhurst, but keeps being told his images are "invalid". He swears he's tried to find out why (e.g. image size too large?) by searching on the site in FAQs and elsewhere, but he can't figure it out. A little daft, for sure, but I told him I'd ask anyway. Can anyone help my friend?

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 26th, 2014, 11:54 pm   

Nah, forget it. I just found Doc's post for Photobucket. Maybe it can help my friend.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 9:34 pm   

Hey guys I am sure this is a dumb question but I am going to ask anyways A carbed Bridgeport is rated at 220 HP but I would think it falls into the factory high perf rule? I have another question not as dumb which is the best hotel to stay at in Dunnville?

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 10:27 pm   
Team Member

1 I Bandit wrote:
Hey guys I am sure this is a dumb question but I am going to ask anyways A carbed Bridgeport is rated at 220 HP but I would think it falls into the factory high perf rule? I have another question not as dumb which is the best hotel to stay at in Dunnville?

I think it used to be called "Knights Inn", now "Country Inn & Suites".
Not fancy but it's clean, great hosts and just about all the drag guys stay there.

PostPosted: July 10th, 2014, 10:33 pm   

Northbase wrote:
1 I Bandit wrote:

I think it used to be called "Knights Inn", now "Country Inn & Suites".
Not fancy but it's clean, great hosts and just about all the drag guys stay there.

Great thank you :)

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 12:22 pm   

Not a dumb question at all. I asked about running one of my bridgeport powerheads and yes, it technically puts us into lake racer because its a factory race block.

I was told that because of the sheer size of my boat i could run a bp and still run formula as long as i wasnt winning everytime. That may happen next year.

For dunnville, im just working on setup and lightening the boat. You and I were back an forth in gravenhurst, so im hoping we can still be competitive between ourselves. I doubt ill ever catch Shane or Greg with my 200.

Maybe lets dial in what we got and see what happens?

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 1:30 pm   
TORC VP

This is exactly what we are after.... at the moment the rules are a guid line but we would rather work on what is fair, and place boats in a class to which they will be competitive!

Can't wait to see the improvements at dunnville

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 1:36 pm   

Wideopen wrote:
Not a dumb question at all. I asked about running one of my bridgeport powerheads and yes, it technically puts us into lake racer because its a factory race block.

I was told that because of the sheer size of my boat i could run a bp and still run formula as long as i wasnt winning everytime. That may happen next year.

For dunnville, im just working on setup and lightening the boat. You and I were back an forth in gravenhurst, so im hoping we can still be competitive between ourselves. I doubt ill ever catch Shane or Greg with my 200.

Maybe lets dial in what we got and see what happens?

Sounds good :) given the weight of your boat you should get some kind of advantage in the intrest of fair competition. Going to put a coned lower unit on it this weekend :D and hope to get one of Mitchie's drag plates for Dunnville. Going to do a compression test this weekend too see what is going on inside :?: Shane and Greg will be hard to catch lite boats and fast. Hope we can get a couple more Formula boat out in Dunnville.
Hope Mom and Dean are doing well :) see you in Dunnville

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 5:03 pm   

Dean an mom are doing great!!! Thanks

I too would like to see more boats in our class. Pretty sure my buddy fraser will have a boat for next year. Hes hooked!

I got a drag plate last week, and had a set of heads milled down. So between those mods and lightening the boat up a bit i hope to still be able to keep up!

PostPosted: July 11th, 2014, 7:03 pm   
Team Member

Dragging my boat from Huntsville to Peterborough next weekend, hope to have it rebuilt and on the water soon!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next