It is currently June 16th, 2024, 1:53 am

Shellbourne Fuels

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 18th, 2014, 10:58 am   
Drag Racing Sponsor

I don't think any drag guys were at the meeting when John Shane came in and talked about fuels. The guy is a fuel wizard and can sell you any octane fuel you want - non ethanol leaded or lead free fuel up to 123 motor octane. He also sells alcohol blends up to 177 octane. If you give him your specs, he will even blend fuels specifically for your engine. I think it's great we have them bringing fuel to the races and even giving out a little prize money. I know they lost money at Waterford so hopefully some of you guys will give him a chance. I'm not sure what octane fuel most of you guys are after, but if the majority of you were looking for say 110 leaded or something like that, we can make sure he has it on site.

19' Laser 380 Ray (Future Project)

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 18th, 2014, 3:08 pm   
Team Member

"they lost money"? Who's they?

PostPosted: June 18th, 2014, 3:22 pm   
Team Member

Shellbourne Fuels lost money, about $750 after expenses (not a huge loss, but still). Waterford was an expected loss though since they gave extra 5% fuel free to all purchases and a free fuel jug with all purchases. They are not in the TORC program to make money though... they are happy to break even with the exposure and new customers. If they don't get close to breaking even at Gravenhurst, things may have to adjust on the TORC program. They will have more products at Gravenhurst too (oils/additives/etc for racing and regular vehicles).

On site quality fuel is a MAJOR bonus to our sport, especially at these prices... and makes it look more professional I think. Please support it. It could lead to other contingency programs too.

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: June 18th, 2014, 3:37 pm   
Team Member

To add... my mind is always slow...

Everyone is learning of course... them how much fuel to bring and in what grades... racers on how it may react different to pump fuel and what grades they like. Shellbourne is happy and expected a few hurdles along the way.

Like half the racers filled out the contingency form wrong (like not just an error... WAY wrong) and may not have been awarded what they expected... read the instructions right on the form you fill out!! Maybe I made them too complex? If you have any question, just ask. For each 18L you buy you get scored in 1 class (both days), 1 person... you want scored in 2 classes, you have to buy at least 36L of fuel. Buying a jug of fuel doesn't let people sign their family and friends up in all classes on the schedule... LOL. We had up people trying to score 16 times for 1 purchase.

More info here:
http://www.torc.ca/shellbourne-contingency-plan.html

Profile Send private message WWW  
 PostPosted: June 19th, 2014, 1:05 am   
Team Member

Oh that's too bad they didn't make money. I hope it is worth their while eventually, because it really is amazing to have something like this at a race