It is currently May 1st, 2024, 6:21 pm

LAKERACER -Ted Biglow-

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: June 30th, 2014, 9:49 pm   
Team Member

If no other LAKERACER entry at Dunnville will be running high compression cylinder heads , Ted Biglow will be forced to run with 50lbs of added weight plus the complete rear seat assembly and factory Allison rear fairing.

***PLEASE NOTE THAT WE WILL TEST AT DUNNVILLE***

That being said this is not permanent but an effort to try to level the playing field while still conforming to the rules for 2014.

If no one is willing to run higher compression heads it may be in the best interest of competition to scale back the rules for 2015 to disallow any compression test above 150PSI

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: June 30th, 2014, 10:11 pm   

if u wanna put some high compression heads on my rig for the weekend , then I'm in

PostPosted: July 1st, 2014, 11:32 am   
Team Member

So I received a PM that was actually meant to have been sent to another member. In that PM I was called an idiot. In a follow up PM it was made clear to me about why ( here's a direct quote ) "nothing more pisses me off then someone coming off thinking they are that much better then anyone else that they have to blantly say they are coming down to someone's level. I'm not sure why you just didn't keep it to yourself and run the low compression heads if you felt the class needed that as no one was complaining that I'm aware of that Ted is too dominate in the class"

ODBA / DSRA have done this many many times. This decision was made to try to see what others think and gauge if there's actual interest in using higher compression heads. A decision like this is made for the health and growth of the sport. No organization wants to have the exact same winners every time , unless they win with extremely close racing. We all want "CLOSE RACING"
It's at the point now that a decision like this isn't only going to effect Ted in order to allow for "CLOSE RACING". It's what happens as you start to see trends and with a rule set that is so loose to allow for many many different types of boats / motors , this type of thing is only naturally going to happen. Or should.

To be called an idiot when trying to balance a field of boats to allow for more even competition ........

PostPosted: July 1st, 2014, 11:40 am   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

:? Be done with all this go faster stuff, tight heads,24 volt trim,skid planners should all be banned... Lol How is the regular Joe going too keep up :roll:

PostPosted: July 1st, 2014, 11:52 am   
Team Member

KAL Racing wrote:
:? Be done with all this go faster stuff, tight heads,24 volt trim,skid planners should all be banned... Lol How is the regular Joe going too keep up :roll:

Wish I was there Sunday to have seen you run Ken. It seems you did some damage to the competition.

Ken is a perfect example of why some equality / levelling would be good for the class. He shows up at every race. Pays the same as everyone else. Has improved the most I'd say and now isn't too far off from winning and as TORC Drag Racing continues the rules should evolve to make it possible for anyone to win. That's just my opinion
At the end of this year I hope to have a fun get together where all or as many as possible of the racers show up and we can discuss the rules and everyone have their say. This racing is for the people that race. . . :)

PostPosted: July 1st, 2014, 12:17 pm   

Actually my last post was bit of a joke ... That is all it takes too be real competitive... And you are not a idiot Jeff by any mean, I think that you are doing a fantastic job and are very informative and very helpful and I thank you :mrgreen:

PostPosted: July 1st, 2014, 12:21 pm   
Team Member

I know your post was a joke :)

Happy Canada Day all

PostPosted: July 1st, 2014, 2:43 pm   

I really don't think that giving Ted a handicap for playing the rules and has a great set up is fair too him especially if someone shows up in Dunville with a better setup then he will be cought with his pants down without tight heads lets say...gives us all something to strive for and is fun to run close too Antonyss, bmax, Neil, Greg, Jay, Pat and of course Ted :mrgreen:

PostPosted: July 1st, 2014, 6:02 pm   
Team Member

This is a tough one here Jeff. You've done a great job of all of this, and I in no way mean this as a critique, nor assume I can do any better. But rule changes should be a yearly thing, not changed as you go. If there's an obvious runaway, work it out with that racer, move up a class or take a weight disadvantage for the next race, and see how things go. Pretty sure CASCAR was run that way years ago. May seem like I'm contradicting myself a bit here, just don't know a better way to say it right now

PostPosted: July 1st, 2014, 6:27 pm   
Team Member

idvette wrote:
This is a tough one here Jeff. You've done a great job of all of this, and I in no way mean this as a critique, nor assume I can do any better. But rule changes should be a yearly thing, not changed as you go. If there's an obvious runaway, work it out with that racer, move up a class or take a weight disadvantage for the next race, and see how things go. Pretty sure CASCAR was run that way years ago. May seem like I'm contradicting myself a bit here, just don't know a better way to say it right now

That is why Ted has been made to run heavier than he has been.

Having constructive criticism is what makes this all continue :)