It is currently May 5th, 2024, 11:08 am

My idea of 2015 Lake Racer rules

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next
 PostPosted: December 3rd, 2014, 11:20 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

That 12" mid, not mention a light Gieger mid will have a lot better holeshot just by taking that much weight off the back of that boat and putting it where you want or need. But you know that already :mrgreen:

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: December 4th, 2014, 7:25 am   
Team Member

Actually if you have that much weight off of the back of a total package including driver of 1550lbs the boats balance will be WAY OFF unless the driver is sitting in the splash well with the fuel cell in his pockets and batteries on his lap .

Once again my idea of these rules were written back on November 10th I believe and it's always been in there. If you all as racers don't want it then all have to say so.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: December 4th, 2014, 10:04 am   

Maybe i missed it but i don't recall any discussion about 12" mids in lake racer. I didn't notice the change until now.

My thinking is anyone that goes to the expense of a 12 will have a serious drag boat. Yes it could be de-tuned slightly to be eligible to run in lake racer but why not encourage that boat to run Pro??? We need boat count there too.

No matter what, i am still going racing but i'm not going to spend a ton of time and money making a four seater true daily driver lake boat light for two races. It's just the wrong boat...Same with Kenny.

Maybe i'm wrong about how competitive all will be with the 1550 weight. I don't think i can get there but gonna make some cheap efforts and go have fun anyway :mrgreen:

PostPosted: December 4th, 2014, 1:05 pm   
Team Member

It's simple to to have the mid back to 15" gents !!! Just simply say so

PostPosted: December 4th, 2014, 11:14 pm   

Well here is my No :shock: But like you say, everyone in the class or think of running the class should speak up :? I would like to hear what the 12" mid Guys have too say ... RBT maybe a little bit of input here from your camp :mrgreen:

PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 10:36 am   

The discussion on weight within the group was great and really informative, i got excited about prepping my boat and it's only November lol. I was against it at first thinking it would not be fair to the lighter and faster guys, once Ted, Pat and Jason were able to make weight it made sense to go that route.

I've already voiced my uninformed opinion about the 12" mid rule so lets talk about it. There was a reason we ALL decided during our first meeting at Greg's place that 15" was the minimum allowed. What changed that decision???

Jeff, we all absolutely appreciate your dedication to making things run well, thank you sir. This decision should be made by ALL, not just me and Kenny speaking out. More opinions please...

PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 10:54 am   
Team Member

What do you think a 12" mid does Ken ? It may add some relief for exhaust but not a seriously high measurable amount.

Here's the other thing. . . And I hope no one takes offence to this but I'd make a bet on it :
Take Ted at 1550 the way it is set up now with full squeeze vs Greg's 12" equipped Allison ModVP ( which wouldn't be allowed due to it being an actual race boat by the way ) and as the rules state he is only allowed 150psi of compression and make him weigh in at the Lake Racer required 1550lbs and my guess is that it's near a dead heat or even Ted wins by a nose. I can predict this because I know the ET times both have run and if you limit the compression and force the weight like the rules state for a true Drag/S3000 block ....... that makes for a good race in my opinion.

A 12" mid does not guarrentee you have the fastest boat. It does guarrentee you have lost a bunch of weight but when forced to weigh a min of 1550lbs that makes a huge difference.

Once again - Every idiot Honda Civic with a wing and a loud exhaust , make it a race car it does not !!

Just my thoughts but it is easier to just make it 15" min

PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 11:08 am   
Team Member

bmax wrote:
I've already voiced my uninformed opinion about the 12" mid rule so lets talk about it. There was a reason we ALL decided during our first meeting at Greg's place that 15" was the minimum allowed. What changed that decision???

The thought about allowing 12" mids came about from our lengthy time travelling to and from Jasper. Brian , Ted and myself all were thinking TORC racing and came to the conclusion that Brian and Rob were coming into the game and that they were planning on 12's
In saying that we came up with the fact that as long as the weight that a 12" shaved was added back to the overall boat weight then it really didn't matter they were running a 12.

So that's how that developed :)

It's like saying that in a drag race the exact boat and exact rigging and exact drop on powerhead but a 15" on one boat and a 20" on another ------ does the 15" win automatically because it looks cooler and is shorter ? ?

PostPosted: December 5th, 2014, 10:37 pm   

What a bunch of crybaby shit!! I swear this is the stuff that ruins it. There are tons of lake boats that run 12" mids. If the boat is setup properly the mid size doesn't matter. I have seen plenty of boats with 15" mids outrun boats with 12" mids... If the boat is too heavy and you have a 12" mid it will actually hurt the performance because of the lever arm won't pick up the boat properly. Sounds to me like people don't wanna have to work on their setup enough to actually outrun someone... would be much easier to know you are gonna win before you get to the track because the rules were set in YOUR favor. Winning is fun for sure but actually working to win is much more satisfying.

PostPosted: December 6th, 2014, 12:02 am   

Mabe you could explain a little more about the crybaby shit ! Not a lot of lake boats with 12" Mids up hear Pal.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next