It is currently May 1st, 2024, 9:43 pm

Jackets / Vests

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 9:01 pm   

Our cut resistant suits are made with Cordura and Dupont Kevlar. Please remember they are not cut proof. We try our best to keep all racers safe. Our lifejackets have sleeves that can be zipped out . We also have put a layer of kevlar in all of our jackets. We have right now 2 styles of jackets adjustable and non adjustable. I believe we are the only manufacturer that puts kevlar in lifejackets. We are making affordable gear not " cheap" gear.

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 9:43 pm   

Hey Guy's , i had a great chat With Lee today about his products and will be placing an order.

He is a racer first and foremost which is great in my books and really supplying this equipment at great prices for the love of the sport. This is a sideline for him and his son, a great opportunity for us to check out the improved version of existing overpriced equipment. Very cool and welcomed.

Check it out here http://www.rcdracing.com/

We need a month to process orders and more for custom so the sooner the better for everyone.

Obviously cheaper in a bulk order shipment, let me know.

PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 10:48 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

bmax wrote:
Hey Guy's , i had a great chat With Lee today about his products and will be placing an order.

He is a racer first and foremost which is great in my books and really supplying this equipment at great prices for the love of the sport. This is a sideline for him and his son, a great opportunity for us to check out the improved version of existing overpriced equipment. Very cool and welcomed.

Check it out here http://www.rcdracing.com/

We need a month to process orders and more for custom so the sooner the better for everyone.

Obviously cheaper in a bulk order shipment, let me know.

How do you want to handle this Dean? We each place an order individually and say we want it shipped with the rest of the TORC stuff? I have to get a cut suit so I'm in for splitting shipping...maybe we should put a post in the general forum (and obviously on FBC if its not there already) to get even the non-racers involved.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: January 6th, 2016, 10:56 pm   
Team Member

Great news !!!!

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

PostPosted: January 7th, 2016, 12:38 am   

Hey Dok, if you would like to put up a post specifically for this that would be cool.

I'll monitor it and hold off ordering until we are ready.

I have been promised a very good group discount for us over a very good price to begin with.

The obvious problem is shipping costs across the border so the more we can order at one time would be better.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2016, 10:46 am   

Wow this is good news!! Looks very affordable.

As for the border, if you guys need to you can ship it to my american address and i can pick them up? I would be charged import tax, that is the only kicker. No real way around it believe me. I go to school in owen sound, an so could meet with somone to deliver? Just thinking out loud, but im willing to help.

Shipping from usa to Canada can take forever and end up costing more in the end with brokarage fees ect somtimes. The dollar sucks right now too.

PostPosted: January 9th, 2016, 10:26 pm   

Thanks Kevin, i'll let you know if we can take advantage of your offer.

We have around six so far and i would like to see a minimum of ten before i place the order. Feb if we reach that goal.

Don't forget custom colors are available as long as we provide enough time for construction. Team colors are cool :mrgreen:

A couple of side notes.

These are race jackets/suits that meet APBA requirements.
They don't meet coast guard approval which makes me laugh lol none of my race equipment does either.

Lee has graciously offered a one time only new racer in J an amazing offer. Please contact me if you have a new junior looking to get outfitted in 2016. You will be pleasantly surprised.

Cheers all, Dean.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2016, 10:21 pm   

Well guy's, the response is very positive and already exceeded my thoughts of ten suits for a group order.

I will get back to you all later this week after discussion with Lee.

I will also have one shipped to me so that we can see a product before ordering.

Color has also come up in discussion as well, i believe anyone racing in the states has to be orange or yellow. Not certain for our torc requirements. Perhaps someone can chime in here.

PostPosted: January 10th, 2016, 10:29 pm   
Team Member

bmax wrote:
Well guy's, the response is very positive and already exceeded my thoughts of ten suits for a group order.

I will get back to you all later this week after discussion with Lee.

I will also have one shipped to me so that we can see a product before ordering.

Color has also come up in discussion as well, i believe anyone racing in the states has to be orange or yellow. Not certain for our torc requirements. Perhaps someone can chime in here.

Never had an issue with jacket colour when racing in Jasper.

PostPosted: January 11th, 2016, 11:02 am   
Team Member

We bought a pair of pants from Lee last year. (Thanks Lee!) They are size xl, but fit all of the members of our team quite well as they have elastic in the waist and ankles. I would love to get a new suit for our JSH team and possibly a larger suit for our other two adult C Hydro drivers. We have 2-3 drivers in JSH and another one coming up in 2 years.
Affordable safety gear is a huge step forward for our sport.
Dave.
davidmuir44@gmail.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next