It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:09 am

OPBRA Modified class rule change !!!! WHY ?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: February 20th, 2020, 7:19 pm   
Team Member

So I’ve exhausted every avenue possible to try and understand why the compression rule for true Drag / S3 blocks that were once limited to 180psi of cranking compression is now not part of the rules ???
Not one person I know that runes the class (with any knowledge) is ok with now allowing a high compression drag block in to Modified class !!!!

I’ve been told garbage like “You can make any block run with a drag” - So are you telling your racers they now have to spend money to compete ?

I’ve been told “No one has a drag” - Obviously your clueless

Been told “If you have a drag and run away with things they’ll just bump you up to Outlaw” - Well it’s easier to just say you don’t know what your doing. When a racer follows your supposed rules and do well then you punish them ??

I’ve been told “my opinion does mean anything and I don’t know what I’m talking about”

Why would this group of people try and make competition less fierce once it’s just gotten to a point of being close as it was. But then you take any credibility that OPBRA has and just says “Oh well we have a fair competition rule” - It’s easier to say we have no idea what we are doing and we are ok with upsetting our racers and costing them thousands of dollars if they want to now compete with these new rules but yet you contradict yourselves by then saying “We will just move you to Outlaw”

I’m confused at why this group doesn’t want tight racing to continue and why you’ve now created another outlaw class ..... it’s just at 1400lbs vs 1250.

This needs to be fixed and the group is supposed to continue to evolve in to even tighter racing. Not just allow the class to be become a two or three boat class.

Explain this to me !!!

I’ve also now been told that the class rep has acquired a Drag block ...... hhhmmmm isn’t that interesting.

You’ll cost racers to either keep up or lose and you’ve also told those that are now going to follow your wide open rules that they’ll be moved to Outlaw ????

Your job in OPBRA is to know what you’re doing and if you don’t then go to those that do but also genuinely care for racing in Canada ......

What is the reason for this ? Is it because you don’t want to waste your time actually completing a post race tech inspection ?

Whatever this reason is please enlighten your racers !!!!

Remember I know that a select few involved with OPBRA have expressed that fans and this so called “show” is more important than your racers. Well I ask you this ——- Doesn’t tighter racing provide a better show ? Wouldn’t it be great to hear Jordan (who’s goddammm amazing at announcing by the way) announce even more tighter racing ???

Even worse though has been the lack of any educated response by anyone involved to say why the rule was changed.

Oh and OPBRA ....... opening up the combinations in racing is the number one way to kill any class of racing !!! You want tighter racing that more exciting there’s many easy ways to make that happen. But being lazy isn’t one of them.

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: February 20th, 2020, 8:18 pm   
Team Member

If there is someone that cannot make a Drag w/180psi compete with a 260 then you should get help or just take up wild bird photography !!

PostPosted: February 21st, 2020, 1:00 pm   
User Requested 1 Month Ban - Denied

:| ...there is a book called "The New STOKES Field Guide to Birds … good read lol… Don't mean to brag but I happen to have a copy...

PostPosted: February 24th, 2020, 9:25 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

KAL Racing wrote:
:| ...there is a book called "The New STOKES Field Guide to Birds … good read lol… Don't mean to brag but I happen to have a copy...

I've been thinking of changing the direction of the site....maybe you could scan some pages and post them up... :mrgreen:

Probably get more attention then Yammer is getting trying to figure out what's going on with the rules...
I don't have a dog in the fight but I don't really understand why there's never any discussion about the concerns brought up by the racers...even if it's only to tell you to contact them directly or eff off. (maybe there's more on FBC but I dunno...)

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: February 24th, 2020, 11:17 pm   
Team Member

DoktorC wrote:
KAL Racing wrote:

I've been thinking of changing the direction of the site....maybe you could scan some pages and post them up... :mrgreen:

Probably get more attention then Yammer is getting trying to figure out what's going on with the rules...
I don't have a dog in the fight but I don't really understand why there's never any discussion about the concerns brought up by the racers...even if it's only to tell you to contact them directly or eff off. (maybe there's more on FBC but I dunno...)

Hey Doc.
Every appeal that has been filed with info@opbra.ca has been addressed by the Rules Committee.
Thus far, the 2020 Reference Guide changes have been appealed by three Members of OPBRA.
Some resulted in changes, some resulted in clarification t the member.
Anyone wishing to have the changes clarified or file an appeal should do so within the proper methodology and follow protocol and code of conduct.

Kenny, I am a big fan of Osprey and Cardinals if your posting pictures..... :)

PostPosted: February 24th, 2020, 11:32 pm   
HPBC PRESIDENT

Rowboat wrote:
DoktorC wrote:
KAL Racing wrote:

Hey Doc.
Every appeal that has been filed with info@opbra.ca has been addressed by the Rules Committee.
Thus far, the 2020 Reference Guide changes have been appealed by three Members of OPBRA.
Some resulted in changes, some resulted in clarification t the member.
Anyone wishing to have the changes clarified or file an appeal should do so within the proper methodology and follow protocol and code of conduct.

Kenny, I am a big fan of Osprey and Cardinals if your posting pictures..... :)

Perfect. Thanks Brent. I appreciate the response. I totally understand not wanting to open yourselves up to drama on the forums but it's good for some of us to know the process...and should minimize the drama in the end.

I've got enough torque to tear a hole....in time...

PostPosted: February 25th, 2020, 12:07 am   
Team Member

Still no answer.

When the so called rules committee won’t even listen to a so called “class rep” then what’s the point of a class rep. . . ? Sure looks good though huh.

Such a garbage response to a normal question. This isn’t the goddam nazi political party. Who speaks that way to other people with knowledge. Hahahaha.

Still no one can give any legitimate response. Time for a massive change for OPBRA in 2021. Maybe racers and racing will become near the top level of importance one day. Rowboat is stuck in circus land.

Unless you have a drag there’s no reason for anyone to show up with less than a well prepared drag block with lots of squeeze. But hey why would anyone want racing to get even tighter.

Even better is OPBRA’s latest response ..... if you show up with a drag and dominate (like the latest “reference guide” aka-Rulebook now allows you to dominate the class that way because of what OPBRA has done) then OPBRA will just move you to Outlaw class where you then won’t be competitive. To me this response also says that OPBRA could care less than ever about parody and tight racing.
OPBRA has shown nothing but disregard for its racers and racing as a whole.

If anyone questions anything they’re just blocked from their little Facebook page.

Jet Ski’s to the front !!!

PostPosted: February 25th, 2020, 9:54 am   
Team Member

Let me simplify this for you, Jeff.
If you have a question or appeal about the rules - forward it to info@opbra.ca
You will receive a response. Whether you like it or not, is totally up to you.

As for your comments regarding OPBRA, I suggest to you that 92 racers and 15,000 spectators at our last event would have a different opinion than yours.
The organization has been successful since formation in 2016.

You have never been a member or ran a boat down or around the track.
You take every effort on all public forums to bash the organization.
If you want to be a part of it, then follow the rules and code of conduct.
If that is not possible, forget that we exist, and move on with your life.

In closing, if you choose to remain involved in some way, I suggest you refer to the Reference Guide, General Regulations, item 4 on page 10.
The behavior of a team member can directly effect a member and their ability to participate.

Kindest regards, Jeff.
Brent

PostPosted: February 25th, 2020, 12:11 pm   
Team Member

I forgot your main concern is the supposed 15,000 spectators. Hahahaha.
I didn’t notice those 15,000 spectators at Peterborough on the Saturday when you ran the Modified class basically in the dark. Then when I approached you on the bank with concern about how poorly the starts and race was being run by the start boat you said “Fuck em they should get their shit together”.

When your own supposed “Class Rep” and the supposed “Head of Tech” tries to get this stupid rule reversed I’d say you have a problem. I’d suggest you take a look at the level of knowledge your help has on your so called committee(s) and get racing done correctly.

Oh and the reason I’m not racing is because the racers are not important to OPBRA currently ....... I hope to change that and let racers know that they matter and that constant LOGICAL rule tweaks will continue to make racing even tighter. If you think all I do is bash OPBRA then you’re lost. You literally have no clue about racing.

Oh and you can site passages and look up this and look up that in your “Reference Guide” but when it comes to logic or the truth you can take your book and put it on the shelf. I love how when you can’t just simply delete a post or a person from a page you’ve now resorted to trying to threaten the racers I work with. . Hahahaha. Hahahahaha hahahahaha you really have no clue man.

PostPosted: February 25th, 2020, 12:35 pm   
Team Member

Here is what removing parody in a class does to a class.
1- Remove rules that allowed for even some parody.
2- Some racers quit
3- Some new racers join the class
4- Race happens and it’s a two or three dog race
5- After a race or two any racer that doesn’t have enough to compete just quit.
6- Class dies

I’m fighting for racers that thought they were racing in “class racing” and not basic grudge racing. If having no parody rules is such a good idea then why isn’t Outlaw a full field ever ? It’s because people know they do not fit the class with their boat !!!! All OOBRA has done is just ad 150lbs to the Outlaw class with this stupid rule change. I’d like people to feel like they have a chance in any class they race in if they have a max effort combo for the specific class they’re racing in.
OPBRA has removed that chance for 90% of it Modified racers.

So I’m still waiting for an answer on why this happened. . as are OOBRA’s racers.