It is currently May 8th, 2024, 11:19 pm

Proposed rule changes / updates and tech form

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 8:25 pm   
Team Member

Tomcat wrote:
Not that this needs clarification but ....
My Xr01, 2 seat lake (fun) boat that doesn't have a 300 Drag "must" compete in Outlaw.
I seriously doubt I'd be competitive with a 245 carb motor ... Can I get a number that says field filler?

This is why the proposed rules have been posted before they're made official. You have a good point and your situation will be considered and we can see what the general opinion is. I have no problem in making it a "hull designed for two passenger minimum" instead of the three person. What is your XR2001 though ? Is it a River Racer , Drag or the rare MVP ?
There's always room to make it work the very best we can for everyone's situation within reason.
Also a 2.5 carb can run like a raped ape

2017 OGW Nitrous Shootout Champion
2016 OSCA True Street champion
2015 OSCA 8.90 2nd in Championship

..... just a little SBF at 8.39

Profile Send private message  
 PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 8:37 pm   
Team Member

Thanks for the consideration.
No rare beast here ... a 92 Xr2001 River Racer with a steel sleeve 200 block, 20" mid, CLE.
I'm told the motor was built well and makes 245, no way to verify, haven't run it yet.
2013's going to be FUN.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 8:42 pm   
Team Member

Tomcat wrote:
No rare beast here ... a 92 Xr2001 River Racer with a steel sleeve 200 block, 20" mid, CLE.
I'm told the motor was built well and makes 245, no way to verify, haven't run it yet.
2013's going to be FUN.

We can see what the consensus is. I don't see a reall issue there though. There's no need to eliminate a racer that wants to race that's for sure. The different in a hull designed for 3 vs 2 is really not worth the debate as the weight difference isn't very much if at all and when we are allowing all interior to be remove or reconfigured to allow only a single seat you do have a point for sure. We can see what people post about your point

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 8:46 pm   
Team Member

Thanks, it might be worth pointing out that the guy in the seat will be a Newb and no real threat to anyone.
I plan on getting a lot of seat time before putting myself or others at risk.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 8:59 pm   
Team Member

It just occurred to me that technically an XR01 "2 seater" in Lake Racer with a Drag 300 is essentially an Outlaw boat as it's stated now.
You might have to amend the rules to limit HP on 2 seat boats to be legal in Lake Racer.
I can refer to many examples in various motorcycle racing classes where such amendments exist
IE: 2 cyl vs 3 cyl vs 4 cyl all competing in the same class based on HP limitations
Just a thought.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 9:11 pm   
Team Member

If its a 15" mid and a RR then you'd be fine in Lake Racer if the consensus is to allow 2 seat design hulls into Lake Racer. Drag motors are allowed in Lake Racer as it is now just limited compression. Now if you had an XR2001 Drag then I'd have to put my vote against you and you'd end up in TORC Outlaw.
I wouldn't worry about it if I were you. TORC Drag Racing will do what we can.

And for driving tips it's actually a great spot to be for VEE bottom drivers as most of the best of the best in this area will be there.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 9:19 pm   
Team Member

Cool, I'm looking forward to lots of seat time, testing and valued advice from fellow Vee drivers.

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 9:31 pm   
Team Member

Jeff Yammer wrote:
Tomcat wrote:
2013's going to be FUN.

We can see what the consensus is. I don't see a reall issue there though. There's no need to eliminate a racer that wants to race that's for sure. The different in a hull designed for 3 vs 2 is really not worth the debate as the weight difference isn't very much if at all and when we are allowing all interior to be remove or reconfigured to allow only a single seat you do have a point for sure. We can see what people post about your point

Based on the H.P., it's a no brainer. He should be running in lake racer, not outlaw. Having said that, if engine upgrades push the H.P. upto levels found in outlaw....congrats Tomcat...you get promoted!
Either way, we'll be runnin each other!
:mrgreen:

PostPosted: November 5th, 2012, 9:36 pm   
Team Member

Engine upgrades are precluded by driver upgrades .... Nothing like learning from the best.

PostPosted: November 6th, 2012, 9:35 am   
TORC VP

The rules are a guide line. We will always reserve the right to Class boats where we feel they best fit, to keep racing competitive. That said as we move forward the only way to make everything equal is to run like ODBA and have weight classes and minimums based on the class, boat and motor combo. We are a season or two away from this. After all the main goal here if fun and to attract racers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next